Magic spa - opinions?

prattmom

DH and I are going on a cruise this Thanksgiving WITHOUT THE KIDS! (yes, I'm a little excited about that). We are in a cove balcony because I just had to give them a try...

I was thinking of getting a spa pass for the week. We aren't usually spa type people but DH will do anything I want to do. I figure I wouldn't do it when we have the kids with us but it might be fun to experience since it will just be the 2 of us.

Thoughts? Worth the price? Give me some opinions please :)

DH and I are going on a cruise this Thanksgiving WITHOUT THE KIDS! (yes, I'm a little excited about that). We are in a cove balcony because I just had to give them a try...

I was thinking of getting a spa pass for the week. We aren't usually spa type people but DH will do anything I want to do. I figure I wouldn't do it when we have the kids with us but it might be fun to experience since it will just be the 2 of us.

Thoughts? Worth the price? Give me some opinions please :)

I was on the Magic in September....and with a European port intensive itinerary, I thought I'd skip the pass......BUT

as soon as I saw the thalassotherapy pool it was a no brainer - and even with all the touring I managed to spend some time there every day as well as on those heated loungers......it is absolutely worth the price.

Take the free tour and prepare to be wowed......

Em

• 10 months later...

We were on the Magic on the 8/26 sailing in a spa balcony. The problem we found was that the Thalasotherapy pool and steam rooms were so crowded every time we tried to use them. You are not supposed to stay in those rooms for more than 15 min per room according to the spa personnel, yet people parked themselves on the stone loungers with books and never budged. On our last visit to the T pool people were actually lined up waiting to get a seat on the metal rack. Also, people must have complained that the T pool was too cool and they turned up the temp. From previous experience we know they are not supposed to be hot. One of the women working in the spa confirmed that it was way too hot and said she would take care of it. The next day it was even hoter - go figure. We ended up using the facilities very little because of the crowds. They negated any relaxation benefit.

We were on the Magic on the 8/26 sailing in a spa balcony. The problem we found was that the Thalasotherapy pool and steam rooms were so crowded every time we tried to use them. You are not supposed to stay in those rooms for more than 15 min per room according to the spa personnel, yet people parked themselves on the stone loungers with books and never budged. On our last visit to the T pool people were actually lined up waiting to get a seat on the metal rack. Also, people must have complained that the T pool was too cool and they turned up the temp. From previous experience we know they are not supposed to be hot. One of the women working in the spa confirmed that it was way too hot and said she would take care of it. The next day it was even hoter - go figure. We ended up using the facilities very little because of the crowds. They negated any relaxation benefit.

Interesting. We ended up with a week pass and loved it. It wasn't too crowded the week we went. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Especially the tile loungers.

I was on the Magic in January and purchased a weekly pass. It was great. I had never really used the spa on any of the ships before and really enjoyed it.

They have specials on embarkation day for weekly spa packages for 2. Check it out when you get onboard.

Don't tell my DW about it for our Magic Spring Break Cruise:eek:

Hahaa :D

We had a Spa Balcony cabin on our Magic Europe cruise and loved it. It was great to head over there for a bit before dinner. I loved the T-pool and steam rooms. We have another one booked for the Breeze next year.

Yay, good to hear. Thanks

Archived