Early Saver - a great outcome

dec2007w3boys

I know not everyone is a fan, but I am loving it right now. I noticed on Monday that our cruise fair had dropped from $604/person to $499 for past guest. I submitted a ES form for the two cabins with 2 passengers - $420 total OBC. While waiting for that one, I noticed yesterday that the rate was now $399 - that is another $400. Tonight I received the confirmation back from Carnival and I have $820 in OBC for next week's cruise. :D:D Add that to our $100 future cruise certificate OBC and we have our tips, drinks, pictures and maybe a arcade game or two for the kids paid for with OBC. Yeah!!

If you are firm on your dates, I can't recommend ES enough.

I'm jealous! We always book Early Saver and our rate has never been lowered. Ours usually goes up for some reason.

Congrats on all your onboard credit though, I am happy it has worked out for you. :)

The most I have had before is $40. I had screen shots from IE, Chrome, Safari and on my phone just to prove the rate. Then I read the post about the lady who booked at a great rate only to find out it was an error. I didn't start spending the money in my head until I received a confirmation back from Carnival.

My dad had a few rate adjustments on his balcony before final payment that came through quick, but this one took awhile so I was nervous.

If anyone is looking to cruise over Thankgiving, past guest rates on the Miracle are still $399. :D Again, I am sure ES isn't for everyone, but I am so glad it's was we book.

:eek:Wow. I have had multiple small drops ($20-$40 each) that have definitely added up, but nothing that big. I think we have had about $120 to $160 total in price drops, some of which came off the payment and some will be OBC because we paid off the balance early. And I am happy with that. I would be totally over the moon with your price drops. And that is a really good rate too. I think ours is still a little higher than I would like but hopefully it will go down even more. I am hoping to go for a balcony but I have a certain price point it needs to hit and it hasn't. And with every drop I get in price on my cabin without dropping my original balcony price point that I am willing to go, I see less and less reason to upgrade... If it even gets to the price I am willing to pay with the way it keeps dropping, it will end up being $500 (or more) to go with a balcony and I might aw well just stay in my OV.

Archived