Caves at Koper

wolf7

Hi

I like the look at the caves in Koper can anyone tell me how far from port are these caves and also the best way to get there ?

Thanks wolf7

We did the caves trip, in oct, did the ship tour it took about an hour, really enjoyed it, there were a tour firm outside the ship offering tours to them but i can't remember the prices

If you go don't wear shorts, it can be cold on the little train, lots of people took jackets too

We did the caves trip, in oct, did the ship tour it took about an hour, really enjoyed it, there were a tour firm outside the ship offering tours to them but i can't remember the prices

If you go don't wear shorts, it can be cold on the little train, lots of people took jackets too

Thanks

Can you tell me how much the ship excursion was?

We also did this tour through Thomson, it was £44.00 per adult. They take you to a castle first, which is breathtaking but you dont actually go inside, just a stop off on the way to the caves. I think it took around 45 minutes to get there. The caves are good, the train down went quite fast and if you are tall please take care as limited head room and you are not warned, all though it was quite funny! On the way back to the ship we stopped off at a wine merchants to taste a few samples and to get you to buy a few bottles too. A rather enjoyable trip.

If you are thinking of doing the Croatian flavours trip in Split, my advise is not to. In your Thomson booklet it says that you do some wine tasting. In fact you go inside an old mill and there is 1 glass of white wine each and platters of crusty bread with cheese and ham and thats it. We thought we would be tasting different variaties of wines, but no just 1 glass of white. The visit to the town of Trogir was ok after that.

We also did this tour through Thomson, it was £44.00 per adult. They take you to a castle first, which is breathtaking but you dont actually go inside, just a stop off on the way to the caves. I think it took around 45 minutes to get there. The caves are good, the train down went quite fast and if you are tall please take care as limited head room and you are not warned, all though it was quite funny! On the way back to the ship we stopped off at a wine merchants to taste a few samples and to get you to buy a few bottles too. A rather enjoyable trip.

If you are thinking of doing the Croatian flavours trip in Split, my advise is not to. In your Thomson booklet it says that you do some wine tasting. In fact you go inside an old mill and there is 1 glass of white wine each and platters of crusty bread with cheese and ham and thats it. We thought we would be tasting different variaties of wines, but no just 1 glass of white. The visit to the town of Trogir was ok after that.

Thanks for the info.

Archived