Zuiderdam Menus Anywhere?

cruisemama5

Just wondering if there are menus for the 11-day cruise on the Zuiderdam posted anywhere. I tried to do a search, but I am not very good at how to do that, and was not able to find anything.

Would like to see them to anticipate the lovely meals I will be having. Also wondering which nights are the formal nights, since I understand there will be three of them.

It's always been my understanding that the menus kind of continuously change. If I correctly recall what I heard from the head chef of the Pinnacle Grill corporate headquarters develops recipes, menu items, etc., etc., but the ship head chefs have some latitude on what items are served when and even make changes to the items based on their personal preferences and tastes. Obviously there are only so many ways you can make or prepare certain items so there is some commonality. I've never compared our menus with somebody cruising on the same ship either the cruise before or after to see if they're mirror images but I've always suspected that they're not.

Here is my own best recollection from the Zuiderdam menus:

1. First course - everything was good

2. Second course - everything was good

3. Main course - everything was good

4. Dessert - everything was good

Good = tasty, well-prepared, nicely presented and excellent choices

It was the most consistently good MDR experience on a HAL ship so far, but we still have very fond memories of the Maasdam too and will be checking her out again soon. The bar has been set.

Archived