Ecstasy Review W/ Lots Of Pics!!! Oct. 31 - Nov. 5

nolababe504

We went on the Ecstasy Oct. 31 - Nov. 5 from New Orleans to Cozumel and Progreso!! We really wanted to try the Ecstasy before it left NOLA and went to Port Canaveral. So we decided to do her last sailing out of NOLA for Halloween!!

It was me Rachel, my BF Brian, Friends Randy, Frank, Rich, and West!! Frank was the newbie on the cruise!!

OCT. 31, DAY 1 EMBARK DAY!!

We left our house at 10:15 and arrived to the port at 10:30!! We gave our bags to the porter and was through security by 10:45!! We stood in line to get our sail and sign card and got our picture taken by 11:00!! We were given zone 10 boarding. We meet a girl Courtney who was one of the crews girlfriend and she let us board with her!! So they called for wedding, VIP'S, and special assistance to board first. Then we were able to board and were on the ship by 11:15. It only took us 45 minutes from the time we arrived at the port till we were on the ship!! It was so easy!!

100_5071.jpg

Once we were on the ship we went up to lido to get a DOD!!

DSCF0004.jpg

As soon as we got our drink we sat down and enjoyed people watching and relaxing!! We saw Rich getting some food and he came over to talk to us!!

Randy:

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0015-1.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

More pictures from the lido deck:

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0019.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

We decided we were getting hungry and went to grab a burger and fries!! It was good on this day!! After we ate we just sat around and hung out with our friends and made some new ones!! We meet some of the people that were in our M&G!! We enjoyed relaxing and listening to Island Music by Supernova!! They were good!!

We decided to go put our carry ons in our room around 1:00!! They said rooms would be ready at 1:30 but ours was ready at 1:00!! When we got to our cabin one piece of our luggage was at the door waiting for us!! We unpacked that bag and when we were about to leave all of the other luggage was there so we just unpacked into our home for the next 5 days!! On the way to the room we took a detour and walked through the Promenade:

DSCF0021-Copy.jpg

DSCF0022.jpg

DSCF0023.jpg

DSCF0026.jpg

DSCF0028.jpg

Thanks for sharing these pictures!

The Ecstasy was our first cruise, on our honeymoon 19 years ago!

I had forgotten what she looked like ... now I remember.. tons of neon!

Looks like FUN!

Catrin

We decided to look out the window and saw guests still arriving and walking up the gangway!!

DSCF0031.jpg

DSCF0032.jpg

Soon it was time for muster drill......This I had to say was the worst one we encountered. We were Zone A and we had to meet in the Blue Sapphire Lounge. We had to sit in there and wait on everyone to arrive and then we had to walk up to the lifeboats and listen to more information. Then it was finally over!!! I didn't take any pictures of that!!

It was then time for SailAway!! We left NOLA earlier than our scheduled departure for 4:00. We ended up leaving about 3:30!! Good Job Carnival!!! Let's get our vacation started!! A few pictures from sailaway:

DSCF0034.jpg

DSCF0035.jpg

DSCF0037.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

We went on the Ecstasy Oct. 31 - Nov. 5 from New Orleans to Cozumel and Progreso!! We really wanted to try the Ecstasy before it left NOLA and went to Port Canaveral. So we decided to do her last sailing out of NOLA for Halloween!!

It was me Rachel, my BF Brian, Friends Randy, Frank, Rich, and West!! Frank was the newbie on the cruise!!

OCT. 31, DAY 1 EMBARK DAY!!

We left our house at 10:15 and arrived to the port at 10:30!! We gave our bags to the porter and was through security by 10:45!! We stood in line to get our sail and sign card and got our picture taken by 11:00!! We were given zone 10 boarding. We meet a girl Courtney who was one of the crews girlfriend and she let us board with her!! So they called for wedding, VIP'S, and special assistance to board first. Then we were able to board and were on the ship by 11:15. It only took us 45 minutes from the time we arrived at the port till we were on the ship!! It was so easy!!

100_5071.jpg

Once we were on the ship we went up to lido to get a DOD!!

DSCF0004.jpg

As soon as we got our drink we sat down and enjoyed people watching and relaxing!! We saw Rich getting some food and he came over to talk to us!!

Randy:

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0015-1.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

Great start, Rachel! Looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Thanks for sharing these pictures!

The Ecstasy was our first cruise, on our honeymoon 19 years ago!

I had forgotten what she looked like ... now I remember.. tons of neon!

Looks like FUN!

Catrin

Your Welcome!! I can't believe it still looks the same as 19 years ago! Somethings just don't change and I am glad!! I loved the ship and all the neon!!! We had a blast:) It was so much fun!! I am glad we got to sail on her while she was in NOLA for 6 weeks!

We stood above the bridge watching sailaway for a while!!

DSCF0041.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0043.jpg

DSCF0044.jpg

DSCF0046.jpg

All of us went to do trivia at the Metro Bar at 4:45 and of course I won a ship on the stick!! I couldn't have done it without my friends Rich and West!! I was so happy I got the ship on the stick on the first day!!! LOL. It's the little things that amuse me!! I didn't think to take a picture then, not sure why!!

How was your cruise? I never did find you on here till now. Thanks for looking at my review!! Remember we meet at the Riverwalk before you were getting on!!

I absolutely remember you and I had a great time talking with y'all.

The group Cooper's Run was great. I hope you met them. They played in the Shanghai Lounge.

Everything about the cruise was great - food, entertainment, weather all what I expected. A restful vacation.

Thamk you so much could you tell me about your CD Steve Cassel?

He is the longest serving CD Carnival has. He is an extremely talented musician - he plays the violin. You will see him perform in the show Extreme Country.

You will enjoy him as the CD.

Thamk you so much could you tell me about your CD Steve Cassel?

I loved Steve Cassel!! Out of all the CD's we had I would have to say that he is probably the best one!! He was funny and not annoying!! Some of them love to speak over that intercom and he didn't really get on there a lot that it would annoy you. He sure knows how to play the fiddle and violin. He was amazing!! I am sure you will love him if you get to sail with him!!

I absolutely remember you and I had a great time talking with y'all.

The group Cooper's Run was great. I hope you met them. They played in the Shanghai Lounge.

Everything about the cruise was great - food, entertainment, weather all what I expected. A restful vacation.

Just making sure!! We enjoyed talking to you also!! I agree Cooper's Run was wonderful!! I enjoyed listening to them every night. I loved the fact that they played country music almost the entire cruise!! That's all I listen to. We had wonderful weather and entertainment!! We did have some problems with the MDR (I am posting it so you can just read about it there). It wasn't anything bad that wouldn't make me cruise again!! I am glad you had a restful vacation!!

We're sailing on Ecstasy in two weeks - based on your pictures so far, we made a good choice!

You will love it!! You have to meet I NYOMAN, he is one of the lido deck bartenders!! He is amazing and wonderful!! He is the best one there!! He remembered our name after we ordered the first drink from him on the first day as soon as we boarded and we used him everytime we wanted a drink!! He will call your name out while you are walking by and stop and talk! He is very nice!!

Archived