EPIC questions

Ariel35

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking bout booking the EPIC for a Carribean cruise this December (last minute I know). I have a couple of questions:

1. What would the earliest flight home be that could be booked? I'm looking at a 10:50 flight?

2. How far is the Miami airport from the pier, and does anyone know the approximate taxi fare?

3. Has anyone experienced the kids' programs? I'm taking my 3 and 5 year old nephews and am hoping that this is a fun vacation for them.

and lastly :)

4. Are any soda/drinks/coffee packages available to purchase?

Thank you for all your help!

I can't speak to the first three questions, but there is a soda package available. As far as I can remember it was 6.25 a day for adults, and 4.00 per day for kids. You purchase it for the length of the cruise, and they will automatically add the 15% gratuity to the price.

Loved the Epic! Probably more for a 5 year old to do than a 3 yo. I personally like to fly in the day before, and never book departure flights earlier than noon. Transportation is Super Shuttle or taxi. Don't know fare amounts. You should be able to find more info at this CC forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

We have had several flights from Miami that left between 10:50 and 11:30 and have made them all with time to spare. Of course our ships were never late coming in yet either so you have to think about that too. The port is not too far from the airport and there are plenty of taxis available right off the ship.

If you choose that flight, definately do the walk-off disembarkation and carry your own luggage off shortly after they allow the first passengers to get off and you should be fine. You will love the Epic, she is our favorite ship so far! Don't miss Blue Man Group, Cirque Soleil, and Slam Allen!

From the Port fMiami to Miami International, the taxi rate is fixed at $24.

It is approximately 10 miles and will take 15-20 minutes. You should have no problems making a 10:50 a.m. flight. There will be lots to do with the kid's programs. They have Nickelodean characters at certain times doing a show. Also the slides will be fun.

In Fort Lauderdale I wouldn't hesitate to take that flight, in Miami, I would think twice. If the ship doesn't clear immigration quickly, you won't make it. It's just a chance you take but I personally wouldn't do it. If you DO choose to take the risk, definitely walk your bags off as a previous poster said.

Good luck! Sailing on the Epic in December and have heard mixed reviews. Anxious to see it for myself. :)

In Fort Lauderdale I wouldn't hesitate to take that flight, in Miami, I would think twice. If the ship doesn't clear immigration quickly, you won't make it. It's just a chance you take but I personally wouldn't do it. If you DO choose to take the risk, definitely walk your bags off as a previous poster said.

Good luck! Sailing on the Epic in December and have heard mixed reviews. Anxious to see it for myself. :)

I have made a 9:45 a.m. flight to FLL when departing Miami. As others have mentioned, you are taking a chance but so far we have been lucky.

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking bout booking the EPIC for a Carribean cruise this December (last minute I know). I have a couple of questions:

1. What would the earliest flight home be that could be booked? I'm looking at a 10:50 flight?

I just got off the Epic this weekend. Disembarkation was a nightmare. They had to stop people from going to Deck 6 as it was so congested. So many people were participating in the walk off program. We waited at the elevators for 35 minutes and ended up carrying ours down 5 flights of stairs. With all those passengers, and everyone trying to take their luggage, it doesn't take long for the elevators to be full, then you have people that really have to much to try to pull...We left our room around 8:15 and got outside at close around 9:30.

2. How far is the Miami airport from the pier, and does anyone know the approximate taxi fare?

We flew from FLL.

3. Has anyone experienced the kids' programs? I'm taking my 3 and 5 year old nephews and am hoping that this is a fun vacation for them.

I had a 5 and 7 year old. The older one enjoyed it more. Not a lot of toys for small children like other cruise lines have as far as your youngest one. If they like to participate in group activities then they'll probably be fine, I don't think there's a lot for them to do if they like to play more by themselves. The movie they played in the little movie theatre was rated PG.

The kids pool area is great!

and lastly :)

4. Are any soda/drinks/coffee packages available to purchase?

We did not purchase any pkgs. Mine drank juice in AM, water through the day and chocolate milk that we got at breakfast buffet and stored in our fridge.

Thank you for all your help!

See my answers above...Have a great trip!

Kids club is great! Your kids will be in the same group as the youngest group is for 2-5 year olds. That will help them feel more secure! My kids were sad when they had to leave kids club. Have no fear, they will have a blast as NCL knows how to make kids have fun!!!!!!

Archived