Home after Fascination Cruise 11/7/11

luvmyboys2

First day fly into JIA to catch transfer to Port. We were delayed because the earlier cruise docked late due to high tide. We waited at the airport for 4 hours before we were transported over to the ship. We got to the port and the lines through security and up to getting our sail and sign room key were long and wearing patience thin. Finally after hours, we were on board at 5:00. The fascination is a nice ship, clean and refurbished. We left JAXPORT at 9 pm. The captain floored the ship and the ship was rocking. Day 2 Sea day...early in the morning, the ship was still rocking and people were getting sick. Early afternoon, the captain slowed the ship down and the rocking subsided and we were able to enjoy the waterworks area for the day. Day 3 - Half Moon Cay, beautiful island, nice sand and beautiful blue waters. Day 4 - Nassau, Bahamas, we went to Atlantis Aquaventure, it was a great experience glad we did it. If you never did this excursion, you should it's worth the money to experience it. Alot different then any other water park. Day 5, sea day. While the ship was rocking some, we were able to enjoy bingo, the love show and the comedy show which were all good. It was too cold to stay on deck to swim or play in the water works. The food on the fascination was not so good. Last year we went on the Imagination and the food tasted so much better. The shows were good especially the family friendly comedy show. I had some great laughs. The crew on board from friendly and helpful. Rodolpho in the Sensation dining room is the best waiter. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I will try to answer.

Sounds like the weather for the week was a little on the cool side and why was the ship rocking so much....I was suppose to be on my cruise Nov.7th. to halfmoon Cay, freeport, and nassau but had to cancel at the last minute...can you tell me how the weather was for the week:o

I was on the cruise that disembarked on 11/3. The ship starting rocking late afternoon on Sunday after we left Freeport(our itinerary was changed because we left Jax so late). I tried to go the farewell party but had to go back to the room because the ship was rocking so bad. Bonine doesn't work AFTER you start feeling sick. The ship was like a ghost town on the last night because everyone was sick. The shows were also cancelled.

I'm not sure what the problem was on Monday morning. We cleared the bridge at 10:15AM and docked shortly thereafter. It was after 12 noon when they started calling self assist luggage to start getting off the ship. We walked off the ship at 1:25PM. I wish I knew what it was that caused debarkation to be so late, it wasn't high tide since went under the bridge at 10:15.

I thought about the people that were on the ship after us because I knew the storm(TS Sean) was out there and thought it might be rough all week.

Weather was clear, windy and warm Tuesday, Wed & Thursday. Friday cruisin back to Jacksonville was very windy and too cool for water activities. Half moon cay was very windy but warm and we went in the water. Thursday we were at the Atlantis Aquaventure and it was warm enough for water activities.

No rain....but rocky boat..

I'm still swayin...

When I sailed her a couple of years ago, it was too cool to stay out of deck on either of our sea days.

I'm hoping for a little better weather soon.

I start taking ginger two days before sailing and always take at least 1/2 bonine just prior to sailing and continue 1/2 am and pm until I see how the seas are. If bad, I take a full tablet.

Had some high seas and high speeds after leaving Bermuda on Glory. She's so huge, but there were still a lot of people who apparently don't realize that moving at 21 knots makes a big different than cruising at 12!

Food is very subjective. I don't "do" regular buffet food other than my made-to-order omelet for breakfast. Having just cruised a few weeks ago on Glory, it will be interesting to see if I notice a big difference.

I honestly believe that a lot of it really just has to do with the food shipments they receive for any given week. Sometimes the quality is just better than other times.

Archived