Mariner - Miami to Rome 2013

T_Bone2012

I want to book this TA cruise for our anniversary when it is available. What is the best way to book to get the best price / most OBC? We are going on a cruise this january - should I wait until then and book it on the cruise, or will the best cabins be gone?

I want to book this TA cruise for our anniversary when it is available. What is the best way to book to get the best price / most OBC? We are going on a cruise this january - should I wait until then and book it on the cruise, or will the best cabins be gone?

Has this TA been announced, as Mariner sails from Galvaston, that is where I would expect the TA to start, not Miami, if this cruise is not available to book now, I can't see it being available to book before April/May next year, so you may be better off buying a Next Cruise Certificate on board your cruise in January

Galveston would be a bonus, as that's my home port. This year the TA voyage leaves from Miami after its Galveston run. I was just guessing that it might have the same schedule next year. We booked our current cruise through American Airlines Cruises. We will get about 6000 AA miles out of it - but that's it. The pricing was the same on everyone's sites. Their customer service is OK - but it is a different person each time you speak to them, which is a little annoying. I would rather get more OBC than the AA miles.

Galveston would be a bonus, as that's my home port. This year the TA voyage leaves from Miami after its Galveston run. I was just guessing that it might have the same schedule next year. We booked our current cruise through American Airlines Cruises. We will get about 6000 AA miles out of it - but that's it. The pricing was the same on everyone's sites. Their customer service is OK - but it is a different person each time you speak to them, which is a little annoying. I would rather get more OBC than the AA miles.

The Mariner is doing Miami-Rome in 2012 because she is going to be dry docked, and they couldn't do the dry dock in Galveston. In 2013 it should be Galveston-Rome :)

I'd suggest buying a Next Cruise Cert onboard in January. This will give you $200 OBC I believe.

She will be dry docked from Apr 22- May 1 in Freeport, Bahamas. That's the reason she sailing out of Miami for her 2012 tarnsatlantic b/c Miami is so close to Freeport and it doesn't make sense to send her all the way back to Galveston to start her TA.

We booked our cruise on the Voyager through American Airlines. We also have their credit card so between that and the booking bonus we'll have accumulated enough miles by December 2012 to get us to Rome for the Silhouette TA. It's only 20,000 miles off-season! However, we booked the Indy using Costco because I wanted the OBC and they had a pretty good offer. I guess the bottom line is that you have to shop around for the best deal and go for it.

We're doing next year's Miami-Rome after the dry dock. We booked it last April 19th which was the day it became available. So suspect it will be similar opening for booking in 2012 for 2013. Ship was pretty much filled by August. Actually quite a few categories were unavailable by the time this year's WOW sale (with OBC) came up and prioce was up more than the OBC would have been worth. Price has done nothing but skyrocket. The $990/pp balcony we booked is now (in rare cases when one becomes available) running over $2,500/pp.

Still looking for info on what is planned for the dry dock visit. Hoping some of this Winter's Texas cruisers can get info from the crew.

Archived