Transfers and Tours

geospyder

A few questions:

1 - Has anyone arranged transportation from the Buenos Aires airport to the ship? If so, who did you use?

2 - Has anyone booked a tour to Tierra del Fuego National Park from Ushuaia? If so, who did you use?

3 - Has anyone booked a tour from Valparaiso to Santiago ending at the airport? Again, if so, who did you use?

Hi Jim

You’ll find lots in info here and recommendations about a lot of opportunities. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1248249

My husband and I traveled in the Crown in 2006; we made our transfer with www.enaturchile.com. The cost was less that portCompass, and highly recommended by other tourists. In the route we visited a vineyard, we made a trip for Valparaiso, it is an interesting city with many hills. We made one stop and we saw the city from the heights, it was a beautiful landscape. Our driver and guides gave the opportunity to visit the house of the Chilean Poet Pablo Neruda (museum) was something of our interest.

Vina del Mar; is clean, very tourist, modern and beautiful city. You cannot let visit this city. We had a pleasant lunch with food of the sea; this company could please all our requests

We visited Ushuaia without a plan and still had a great day there. There is a large tourism infrastructure right at the dock downtown and you should not have a problem finding a taxi or boat or other tour operator on arrival. There's not much to see in town. We took a local taxi from the pier to Tierra del Fuego National Park, the same route the train takes, and then further into the Park. Some of it is a dirt road, but beautiful scenery makes it worthwhile. I'm not sure about a Catamaran, it's cold and windy in Ushuaia with pretty choppy water.

In Buenos Aires, we had a complete post cruise package from Victor which included ship pickup, city tour, one night’s hotels, tango show and transfers to the airport. - Excellent service at less than half of the Crown

Good luck with your search

We have arranged our pre cruise transportation through Fred at http://www.silverstarcar.com I am very happy with the transparency of his pricing and the way in which he has handled communications with us

Obviously I cannot say 100% he works well as we do not use him for another 7 weeks, but all my dealings to date and also all the comments on tripadvisor tells me all will be well

• 1 month later...

I used http://www.winetoursvalparaiso.cl.

Michael picked us up from the Valparaiso port on a trip we did in 2009.

He is a British expat so there were no language problems and he knows alot about food and wine which is one of the reasons why we chose him.

It was a great trip that also included sight seeing of Valparaiso, Viña del Mar and Con-Con along the coast.

Highly recommend this company.

Archived