Disney Wonder 1/12/2006

MommyJamiex4

Just booked yesterday the land and sea trip (the land part in our timeshare from 1/6- 1/12). We have always wanted to try a Disney cruise but with 4 kids it's very expensive. Doing the 4 day gives us the opportunity to try it out before going for a 7 night one.

Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

My husband, two step daughters, 15 and 17 sailed on the Wonder in 2001. It was the nicest cruise I've been on so far. The boat is beautiful and the cabins are nice and roomy. The nighttime shows are Broadway quality. Their kids program is really great. They will leave itineraries in your cabin daily. Each is based on your kids age group. They even have a nighttime babysitting service for the little ones, just incase you and your hubby want a little time alone. My step daughters still talk about it and say it was the best trip they've ever been on. You didn't mention how old your kids were, but for the older ones, if they still do the teen dance cruise in Nassau, it is great. I think they let kids go from 12yrs. The girls were apprehensive at first, but were really glad they went. They had a ball and met friends that the still keep in touch with. We did the 3 day WDW and 4 day cruise. You and your family will have a "Wonder"ful time.

Next trip is the Pride of America sailing out of Honolulu on 12/31/05. I'm really looking forward to it.

Cindy

On the Wonder last August. It is a beautiful ship. Your kids should have a great time. My boys were in their teens and they had fun. It is what you make of it. All the characters are on ship and the show The Golden Mickies is not to be missed.

My DH and I enjoyed it also. I guess we are kids at heart also. We were not use to being around small children so at times it was trying for us but for a free cruise we enjoyed everything.

You will love the food. The different dining rooms are beautiful also. They have food for every one. We found in the afternoon the restraunt at the family pool served great chicken nuggets. Great afternoon snack. You could get french fries if you wanted them also. Their fish is also great. My boys would tell you they have great milkshakes to. Had at least 3 a day. Our waiter brought them automatically after the fisrt night at dinner.

Go and have a ball.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I am not on your cruise, however I have done 9 DCL cruises and will leave for # 10 this saturday. We have cruised with ages 18 months to 51 years of age. So we have experienced a little bit of everything on board.

If you are new to DCL, if you havnt already done it please order the free DVD from DCL. It has a ton of information on it.

I agree with one of the above posts to go to www.dcltribute.com The forums are filled with information, more than any other site I have been too. If you go to cruise meets section, scroll down the page until you find your cruise date listed. Then put a post and get aquainted with your fellow cruisers. Kids use the PM part of the site to get to know each other too. It is a great way to get friends before they cruise.

At Nassau, I highly recommend the Pirates museum. No excursion for it, you do it on your own. easy to find. It's a large purple building that is 2 blocks behind the straw market. Anyone can direct you there if you dont see it from the port. The 2 hour historical city tour is also very good. we saw 2 forts, one was a guided tour, the other you just browsed on your own. Then we saw Queen Anne's staircase and some nice hotels and houses. Our guide was great. The Atlantis tour of the digs was excellant too. It moves very quickly, but you can go back after the tour and go through it as many times a syou want, at your own speed as long as you keep your wrist band on as proof you paid for it. The horse an dbuggy ride, at the port was fun too. I believe it was about 20 minutes long through town and $10 per person. We also did the sunshine glass bottom boat ride, but it was just so so. Not bad, just not that good.

There is just too much great stuff to list about activities on the ship, so if you have any specific questions, please ask and I will try to answer you. But remember i will be gone form the 17th to the 24th but will asnswer as soon as I can.

have a magical cruise

mom x4,grandma x4

We are also booked on that cruise. Our daughter is 9 - do you have any children close to her age? I am worried with it being so soon after Christmas break that there will not be many kids.

I'm going with my 8 year old niece and 4 year old nephew. I'm sure there will be lots of kids on board, but if there aren't as many as normal, that just means our kids aren't packed like sardines in the Mickey Pool.:)

We are going with 10 kids, mostly a little older, but we have a 6 year old girl and 10 year old boy that are close to your daughter's age. There should be plenty of kids since most schools will still be closed for the holidays. We are planning on doing the Pirate museum while in Nassau and glad to hear that it's recommended by someone else. We are also spending a few days in Orlando before the cruise. Maybe momx4,grandmax4 can come back and give us some hints on clothing needs with the current weather down there!!

Bruce

Archived