Cabin Selection help on Pride

TikkiTembo

I need help with cabin selection. I have an opportunity to book room 6232 on Carnival Pride. This room has an extended balcony but it appears to be close to an elevator. From what I understand the elevator does not open into the hall of this cabin but never the less it is still near (or should I say on the back side) of the elevator. OR, I can book a room (6224) with a premium balcony on the same floor but the balcony seems to be much smaller than the one attached to 6232. I still get confused with the difference between premium and extended balconies and the Carnival rep was not too helpful; she was basically reading a script and was not to versed with this particular ship. The price is the same for both cabins. DH is determined that we must have a balcony when we cruise again. Please give me your thoughts on these rooms. I don't want to book in a bad location but then again I don't want to loose out on a great cabin. Thanks in advance!!!

Oh that cabin is similar to the one we have booked on Legend.

The balcony is 110sq ft. There are pictures posted on "cruise line rooms". Just Google those 3 words.

You may have to look at Spirit 5238 and Pride 5236 for more of a variety. Legend 6232 shows the balcony opened up between the cabin next door.

It's a bowling alley, LOL

I am looking forward to having 2 chairs plus a lounger on a standard balcony, LOL

According to Carnival~

Cabin 6224 8J 185/60 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed-1 upper

View: window and extended balcony connecting balconies: yes

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table

Smoking permitted on balcony only (effective 12/01/11)

Cabin 6232 8J 185/180 sq ft

View: window and large balcony connecting balconies: yes

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table

If you will use your balcony a lot then go for 6232~

According to Carnival~

Cabin 6224 8J 185/60 sq ft

View: window and extended balcony connecting balconies: yes

Cabin 6232 8J 185/180 sq ft

View: window and large balcony connecting balconies: yes

If you will use your balcony a lot then go for 6232~

Alliezona09...

Don't want to hijack thread, but:

This is great information!!

Could I ask where on the Carnival site to find it?

tia!

Alliezona09...

Don't want to hijack thread, but:

This is great information!!

Could I ask where on the Carnival site to find it?

tia!

Its from their TA site...shhhhh

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/fantasy/left.htm that's for the fantasy as I see you're going on her in Dec~ if you want to see the other ships just change the word fantasy in the url to the name of the ship you want to see~

I like a quite cabin and I've been behind the elevators before and intentionally booked a cabin behind them for my next cruise. It's often quieter than having a cabin across the hall from you.

Slightly more traffic in that area but there is usually two exits from the elevator lobby and people usually exit and go off in the direction of their destination and rarely cross behind the elevators to get to their room.

The area behind the elevators is actually blocked off. You must enter the hallways from either side, you cannot go straight through. Your cabin would be the first room upon entering that hallway, but it's at the back of the ship and I thought it was very quiet. You will love, love, love your long balcony!!!

Archived