Interior Cabin with Children?

ToddlerMom

We just took our 3 year old for her first cruise 2 months ago. We booked an interior and it was fine. We didn't spend a lot of time in there (and we never do on cruises). So, we were only there when we slept, took a shower or came back to change (for like swimming or dinner). We didn't have a problem at all.

When my oldest 3 children (in their 20's now) cruised with us back in the 80's-90's, we did book a port view window...same thing....no biggie. They didn't mind, we didn't mind and everything was good. :)

We just took our 3 year old for her first cruise 2 months ago. We booked an interior and it was fine. We didn't spend a lot of time in there (and we never do on cruises). So, we were only there when we slept, took a shower or came back to change (for like swimming or dinner). We didn't have a problem at all.

When my oldest 3 children (in their 20's now) cruised with us back in the 80's-90's, we did book a port view window...same thing....no biggie. They didn't mind, we didn't mind and everything was good. :)

We're doing an inside on the Spirit in January with a 3 year old....where did your little girl sleep? I think we may end up with one parent up top, and parent and DS down below, but not sure that's the best configuration...

We're doing an inside on the Spirit in January with a 3 year old....where did your little girl sleep? I think we may end up with one parent up top, and parent and DS down below, but not sure that's the best configuration...

Oh no reason for that. There is the bed in the room and then there is a couch beside the bed and they pull out the couch that makes into a bed and your little one will be right beside you. No room to fall off or anything because the couch/bed is against the wall on one side and against your bed on the other. It was PERFECT! :)

We recently returned from B2B cruises. The first cruise was in an OV and the second was an inside cabin. DD is 4 now (with 9 cruises under her belt), but we also sailed in insides and OV's when she was as young as 5 mos. That is really all we book. We also feel uncomfortable with a balcony cabin and a small child.

We've never had any regrets. DD is not a light sleeper. We can get away with dimming the lights and still having the TV or something on. The biggest advantage is that all the darkness makes her sleep late in the morning, something we rarely get to experience. I say go for it, saving the money is always worth it to us.

Oh no reason for that. There is the bed in the room and then there is a couch beside the bed and they pull out the couch that makes into a bed and your little one will be right beside you. No room to fall off or anything because the couch/bed is against the wall on one side and against your bed on the other. It was PERFECT! :)

Ahh, great. I was under the impression they had upper berths instead of the convertible couches. Thanks!

Ahh, great. I was under the impression they had upper berths instead of the convertible couches. Thanks!

They might have both. I know some rooms are for 3 people and have the couch. Other interiors can accommodate 4 people...those might be the ones with the upper berths in them. You might want to verify. :)

Definitely check on the size and configuration. We did nine days to Canada in an interior with my almost four year old on Caribbean Princess. Tiny cabin and no couch, just two upper bunks. He loved that upper bunk and never wanted to leave that tiny cabin. We felt trapped and crazy. That said, we would consider it again if it was all we could afford because it was a good deal and an amazing cruise. Most of the time it is not that much more to at least have a window. I didn't know about the HAL big interior rooms which sound like a good option to consider for future. Or next cruise we swore we'd get a balcony but in the end we decided on a strange shaped forward ocean view on Summit - twice the space seemed smarter for us and our active kiddo who sometimes likes to stay in (but also loves the kids' club!).

Archived