Inside vs Central Park or Boardwalk Balcony?

aaronlisa

Just checked prices on our booked Oasis Eastern 8/11/12 cruise and looks like we can move to a Central Park balcony for $220 more total. I'd definitely rather have a balcony facing the ocean but I'm wondering what peoples opinions are for the inside balcony cabins versus the inside. We are currently booked on an inside Cat N midship deck 6. The Central Park balcony's are up higher on the ship, a little big bigger room and of course the balcony though not much to look at nor very private. Is it worth it to spend the extra $220 or just stay put and maybe wait and see if the prices drop at all? :confused::confused::confused:

Prices won't drop. Those ships are selling out and the balconies will sell before the inside, so prices will not drop on a balcony. I've heard the Central Park View Balconies can get rather warm, but if you're toward the top, you may get some breeze. Boardwalk is supposed to be a little noisier, but nicer with a view out the back end of the ship, so at least you get a little ocean view. So, it depends on how much time you are going to spend in your cabin. We spend very little time in our cabin, but if we travel with friends and want to relax on a balcony we make sure one of us has one. It's also nice for checking the weather.

We just got off the Oasis this past October. We scoped out alot of the rooms so that we could help a friend pick a room when she sails with us next April on Allure. We actually ran down to cabin 8319 and went in and stood on the balcony. Great view!

She would prefer a waterview balcony but the pricing is just too high. She has chosen the boardwalk view room, near the aft of the ship. From the balcony you will enjoy some people watching and a beautiful view of the ocean past the aqua theater. You can also view the big screen TV's and the shows.

Of course, with these balconies, I'm sure you are aware that you can enjoy the balcony but must keep the drapes drawn when necessary as the people in the opposite side balconies will be able to view you.

I do think the boardwalk is preferable to the Central Park balconies because of the views.

My opinion would be that if you prefer to have an ocean facing balcony, either go with that, or just stick with the cabin you have now, and save the money for other things. I haven't stayed in a Boardwalk or Central Park cabin, but that's what I would do.

I like having natural light in the cabin, and a breath of fresh air is nice, too. So, I would be tempted to upgrade if it is your budget. I liked our Boardwalk cabin as we had a nice combo of people watching, aqua theater viewing and a bit of ocean, too. How much more for a boardwalk balcony vs the central park?

Had a cabin on deck 10 and loved it. The only thing is there is no wind on the inside balcony. . The view is ok and we sat out in the sun when it was to windy to be on the top deck, a good thing. However we still prefer the outside balcony for the view of the islands in the morning. You can't tell where you are at on the inside...............RADICAL

Is that $220. pp, or total? If it is total, I would go for a boardwalk balcony towards the back of the ship. We had one on Allure, and it was just ok. We had an ocean facing balcony on Oasis, and it was much nicer. For only $220. for a boardwalk balcony over an inside, I would do it. If it is $440. total, I would stay in the inside and use the money for other things. As the others have said, these ships are selling very well, and the chances of the prices on the balcony cabins coming down are rare. They are amazing ships and you will love your cruise!

Just checked prices on our booked Oasis Eastern 8/11/12 cruise and looks like we can move to a Central Park balcony for $220 more total. I'd definitely rather have a balcony facing the ocean but I'm wondering what peoples opinions are for the inside balcony cabins versus the inside. We are currently booked on an inside Cat N midship deck 6. The Central Park balcony's are up higher on the ship, a little big bigger room and of course the balcony though not much to look at nor very private. Is it worth it to spend the extra $220 or just stay put and maybe wait and see if the prices drop at all? :confused::confused::confused:

IMO, definitely worth it. Central Park is beautiful, especially at night. That is of course, if an OV balcony is out of the question. Nothing tops an OV balcony.

Thanks for the replies everyone. For those that asked, it is $220 total not per person and another $80 or $300 total to go with the boardwalk balcony. Still not sure what we will do but you all are probably right that the price won't go down. Our inside Cat N is $200 higher than what we booked at now.

Thanks for the replies everyone. For those that asked, it is $220 total not per person and another $80 or $300 total to go with the boardwalk balcony. Still not sure what we will do but you all are probably right that the price won't go down. Our inside Cat N is $200 higher than what we booked at now.

I would do it if you can afford it. I'd pick on of the neighborhood balconies on deck 11. I might have chosen Boardwalk, but go with Central park if that fits the budget better. deck 11 has nice big "secret" public decks at the aft end of the ship. from there, you can see ocean, ship's wake, aqua theater and boardwalk. It is a nice location.

Archived