Sleeping Six in Connecting Rooms

famofsix

Our family of six booked two connecting OV rooms on FOS deck 3. One of the rooms accommodates 2 and the other accommodates 4. DH and I will take the room for two and the 4 kids will take the room for 4.

What can we expect for the sleeping situation in the room for 4. I know there will be two twin beds, but what about the other two spots? Is it a sleeper sofa or pull-down beds?

We've only been on one cruise before on DCL. In the "kids' room" there were two twins, a sofa bed, and a pull down bed. It worked out great since the kids prefer to have their own beds. I'm hoping it's a similar setup on FOS.

TIA

Our family of six booked two connecting OV rooms on FOS deck 3. One of the rooms accommodates 2 and the other accommodates 4. DH and I will take the room for two and the 4 kids will take the room for 4.

What can we expect for the sleeping situation in the room for 4. I know there will be two twin beds, but what about the other two spots? Is it a sleeper sofa or pull-down beds?

We've only been on one cruise before on DCL. In the "kids' room" there were two twins, a sofa bed, and a pull down bed. It worked out great since the kids prefer to have their own beds. I'm hoping it's a similar setup on FOS.

TIA

Depends on room number, tell us that and we can help

TIA

Just looked at the deckplans for deck 3, you will have 2 pullman beds.

Pullman beds will be great! The kids will be happy to have their own beds. And it will be nice to use the sofa as a sitting place and not as a bed.

Does anyone know where the pullman beds pull down from? Do they end up on top of the twin beds? I'm trying to picture it.

Will the cabin steward make up all four beds when they see that we have 4 people assigned to the room or will we need to request it?

Pullman beds will be great! The kids will be happy to have their own beds. And it will be nice to use the sofa as a sitting place and not as a bed.

Does anyone know where the pullman beds pull down from? Do they end up on top of the twin beds? I'm trying to picture it.

Will the cabin steward make up all four beds when they see that we have 4 people assigned to the room or will we need to request it?

Your beds will be made when you walk into the cabin. The Steward has a list with who is in each cabin and they work from that (beds, towel, etc). Sounds like a fun family cruise.

Your beds will be made when you walk into the cabin. The Steward has a list with who is in each cabin and they work from that (beds, towel, etc). Sounds like a fun family cruise.

Opps forgot to say, family member had cabin, will try to find pic but pullmans are over twin beds. Nice lay out.

There is a huge review of the Freedom with 1,000 pictures in it that might have a link to a pullman though I don't see it at first glance. Here is a picture of the bed in the room though which is set as a queen but can be split to twins. You can see in the ceiling where the pullmans will come down from.

DSCN6162.jpg

Here is a link to the whole review too, you can try to find a picture in it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1468456&highlight=pullman

Thanks so much for the pictures (definitely worth 1,000 words)!

I think the room set-up is going to work great. The pullman beds look like they're a bit smaller than the twins, so we'll just have to make sure our son gets one of the twins. (He's 6'5 :eek:)

Archived