Gem Concierge Call

mistybaby

Only suites that have access to the haven now receive calls. if your suite can not access the courtyard villas then you will have no call. A group has nothing to do with it as I am in a group in a courtyard penthouse and received a card and call.

I hate to burst your theory but the OP said they were in the Owners Suite, therefore access to the Haven and didn't receive a call.

Their inlaws were in a Penthouse, therefore not having access to the Haven and did receive a call.

And I guess the theories of the representative of the Consierge the OP spoke to that said it was because he/she was in group was not correct either.

So I guess we are back to my original post to the OP that stated "No one seems to know for sure why some get calls and others haven't."

Only suites that have access to the haven now receive calls. if your suite can not access the courtyard villas then you will have no call. A group has nothing to do with it as I am in a group in a courtyard penthouse and received a card and call.

Are you in a group of cabins booked together or a group handled by a TA? The issue here is that the TA should be the one to put through requests for someone booked through their group, and the consierge is trying (but not too effectively) to contact those booked directly to get those requests.

Either way, again I don't think it's a big deal. I would prefer to get a call from the Upsell Fairy and bump to the GV, but I don't think that's likely. I'm pretty sure they can accomodate my liquor and pillow choices on the ship.

I was in a SF suite on the Gem earlier this month and got the call a month before we sailed. The call comes from a concierge area on land not the concierge on board David or his assistant. The call is pretty much worthless as "Leatham" did nothing we asked for.

Don't even give it a second thought as it will just tick you off on board when your preferences are ignored.

Go and enjoy yourself. David will take care of you on board.

Archived