Looking to do the open bar party

ManyMore

I've arranged these before for groups. Contact grouip sales at the Carnival 800 number. We did one hour, it was about $11.50/person, plenty of drinks, snacks were a bit lame. I didn't mention CC although that is where most of the guests came from. We had 13 people traveling together, all with separate reservations, and added people from CC to make 20, ended up with 32 at the party.

People mailed checks to me and the charge was on my S & S card. Some people paid at the door. Reservation is required two weeks in advance, but I jsut paid for the actual number who showed up. A Carnival employee actually counted the people in the room.

Use this email:

groupeventplanning@carnival.com

You'll get an automated thank you response and someone will contact you within 72 hours. I just organized one on the Legend for our halloween cruise and we had a blast. People paid either through paypal or personal check mailed to me so I had the money to put on my S&S when they billed me the day of the party.

The event planner I dealt with was awesome. She answered every question quickly so that I could get the answers back to the roll call.

I did not tell them we were CC, but once on the ship at the party, the girl wanted to know why I was afraid to say it was CC. She honestly didn't care one way or another and got Wee Jimmy to come down.

I had my agent set it up for me--- and like posted People sent me checks/money orders or pay pal and I needed all the stuff aboout 4 weeks before sailing.

Requested the last sea day about 2-3 pm and she did all the work.

$19.55 per person for 2 hours. We did the 2 hours and the alcohol was flowing freely. Oh, it's actually $17 plus 15% tip for the $19.55.

I have read in some of these threads that there have been cocktail parties arranged for x number of Cruise Critic members of a roll call and then x+y showed up and Carnival didn't like it.

I also have set one up~we did 1 1/2 hour for $17.00 pp which included gratuities, I rounded up and gave the bartender the added amount which was only about $10.00. I called the 1-800 Carnival # and talked with guest services. We had 24 in our friends and family and then added from our roll call, the checks were mailed to me beforehand, and I had armbands and name tags at the door. It went well, the bartenders were very and good willing to make what we wanted, we had 2 behind the bar and one walking around.

Okay, I'll bite...why shouldn't you mention that you're with Cruise Critic? Was there some terrible drama that occurred a while back that I don't know about? You've got to tell us!

Still don't understand why you are not supposed to mention CC.???????

I know you can order a one or two hour party for groups of 20 or more, can you share the link for the info with me? I did a search and turned up nothing. I know it will take less time for the cruise fantastic to come up with it for me!!!!!!!!!

Glad to see you are taking the lead on this and we are getting close to 20. :D

I arranged two of these on the Magic TA. I collected the monies via Paypal, as personal gifts, to avoid commission charges. I then paid for the number who attended each via my S&S card.

I had over 100 guests at each and issued badges at the first party, to be kept for the 2nd. I didn't allow and cash additions at the first, but did for the 2nd and the excellent group organiser, saw how well we were operating the door entry policy and billed us according to my list. If people had pre-paid and didn't show up, I kept the money, but I did have to account for currency fluctuations, as the US Dollars were converted to British Pounds (twice) and for the making of the name badges.

I received many compliments both at the events and afterwards, but some queried whether by rounding the amount to $12 from $11.44, I was profiteering?

At the end of the day, the party organiser can charge what they want and what the market will bear, but these are excellent value for money and the parties can run for hours afterwards, even if the drinks stopped being served a long time before!

I suspect I did make a small profit, but I took on the role accepting that I might make a loss. One doesn't do these things for the money, but for the enjoyment that you know everyone will get.

My one recommendation is to make sure your entry system is accurate and well thought out, as when 100 or so converge on a room, it's easy to get flustered and be overrun.

I arranged a cocktail party for 49 of us for our upcoming Nov. 26th sailing...I mentioned we were a CC group after the rep asked me if it was for family or a CC group. They treated me with respect and didn't have any problems arranging it for us. I asked if Carnival had a problem booking for CC and she said no, but the problem was reserving and paying for a certain amount and others trying to sneak in without paying...I mentioned handing out name tags as guests entered the room and she said that was a great idea to help keep track of paying guests especially for a larger group.

I think I remember seeing a thread a while back about the topic of CC and met and greets/open bars on Carnival ships. If I recall correctly, the posters mentioned that some Carnival people (I don't recall their titles) were refusing to allow CC meet and greets/open bars because of either lack of a turnout or too many people showing up that didn't pay. There may have been other reasons, but I can't remember.:confused:

Archived