Looking to do the open bar party

ManyMore

I also have set one up~we did 1 1/2 hour for $17.00 pp which included gratuities, I rounded up and gave the bartender the added amount which was only about $10.00. I called the 1-800 Carnival # and talked with guest services. We had 24 in our friends and family and then added from our roll call, the checks were mailed to me beforehand, and I had armbands and name tags at the door. It went well, the bartenders were very and good willing to make what we wanted, we had 2 behind the bar and one walking around.

Did you bring onboard your own wristbands ( like the ones you get at beer gardens and othr outside events) or did carnival supply them for you?

Did you bring onboard your own wristbands ( like the ones you get at beer gardens and othr outside events) or did carnival supply them for you?

You must bring your own wristbands, name tags or whatever you want to use as a means to have control over who paid and is allowed in.

sorry just saw this, we brought our own wristbands and name tags because it is up to you to monitor your guest.

Wonder if it would be possible to book 2- 3 hour sessions b2b. We are getting married in Puerto Rico and want to have a reception on board. Steakhouse would be around 6pm (on the 4th night) for 40+ of us then a 6 hour open bar would be great. Also wondering if there is a cut off time (like midnight) for the cocktail parties?

I thought 2 hour was the maximum length of time. And even there, I have to wonder if it's a good idea. I arranged an open bar party that lasted 1 hour, and the alcohol was really flowing. If it had lasted another hour they'd of had to carry us back to our cabins. :o

wow.. 3.55 for a ßovernier cup seems alful pricey are you sure of that price?

ITS THE REGULAR PLASTIC HURRICANE TYPE

Yes, it's $3.55...double checked the Cocktail Party info Carnival sent me when we had ours on Nov. 2011.

No need for the souvenir cup when you can get one when you order a DOD anytime...after a one/two hour cocktail party, you may just forget.lose that expensive cup:p

• 2 months later...
[quote name='abitaturbodog']Okay, I'll bite...why shouldn't you mention that you're with Cruise Critic? Was there some terrible drama that occurred a while back that I don't know about? You've got to tell us![/quote]

[quote name='jdvmd']Still don't understand why you are not supposed to mention CC.???????[/quote]

Well, maybe it's because the majority of us are a bunch of red-neck hillbilliies that act like we're at a NASCAR race, guzzling beer, spitting chewing tobacco, belching and farting all over the place, and generally lacking in social etiquette. Oh, wait a minute, that's the family reunion. Nevermind.:D:D

[quote name='beachbum53']Well, maybe it's because the majority of us are a bunch of red-neck hillbilliies that act like we're at a NASCAR race, guzzling beer, spitting chewing tobacco, belching and farting all over the place, and generally lacking in social etiquette. Oh, wait a minute, that's the family reunion. Nevermind.:D:D[/quote]

LOL :p

Actually may be an apt description of us on the other boards here on CC.

I was surprised to see my thread pop up again after so much time lol We had an AWESOME time at hour open bar time. Two hours was good... I think people didn't feel the need to drink as many drinks as they possibly could like in a one hour. I heard after the fact there is a three hour open bar.... hmmm next time? lol ;)

In the 20 can some of them be teens (after all they can drink smoothies or mocktails). Or do they have to all be adults??
Also is the price the same for them??
Please and thank you for any info as we are trying to plan an open bar for a family cruise in October so any help would be appreciated.

We had a 2 hour (open bar) private cocktail party on Freedom. Our only complaint was that we had paid the higher price so we could order what drinks we wanted, the waitresses were really pushing the pre-made drinks. It was more than 20 min. before we were finally able to make them understand that we wanted to order specific drinks. Lot of time wasted.

[quote name='Dall']We had a 2 hour (open bar) private cocktail party on Freedom. Our only complaint was that we had paid the higher price so we could order what drinks we wanted, the waitresses were really pushing the pre-made drinks. It was more than 20 min. before we were finally able to make them understand that we wanted to order specific drinks. Lot of time wasted.[/quote]

That's not good! I have helped set up 1 cocktail party on a previous cruise. The waitress came around with trays of pre-made drinks at first, and from time to time - but she understood perfectly well the requests for specific / different drinks from most of us & there was no problem.

Hoping for no lag on getting the special requests on the cocktail party set up for the cruise we have in store for us. It's only 1 hour so there best NOT be a lag in service for 1/3 of our time!

[quote name='Dall']We had a 2 hour (open bar) private cocktail party on Freedom. Our only complaint was that we had paid the higher price so we could order what drinks we wanted, the waitresses were really pushing the pre-made drinks. It was more than 20 min. before we were finally able to make them understand that we wanted to order specific drinks. Lot of time wasted.[/quote]
What kind of premade drinks were there??
Did you have teens?? If so How much did you pay for them??

Archived