Hours for port time on the epic

For anyone who just got off the epic was ship time the same as land? Thanks trying to book a scuba trip for st. Maarten and Nassau

The ship will change the time according to the time zone it is in so to answer your question the ship time and port that your in will be the same.

They will make announcements over the pa system as well on the tv ship station and also in the daily papers

Very surprised to hear that. Majority of my cruises were on Carnival. Ship's time never changed to match the local time. Glad I read about this here, as my upcoming cruise is coming up soon!

Very surprised to hear that. Majority of my cruises were on Carnival. Ship's time never changed to match the local time. Glad I read about this here, as my upcoming cruise is coming up soon!

I know that on Celebrity and NCL I have seen time changes pretty regularly. As you pointed out, on Carnival it is rarely done. I have not seen it in ~50 sailings with them!

One can only speculate WHY they don't. My guess is that Carnival has some problems getting messages across which don't involve INCH OF GOLD or BINGO -- perhaps they would screw up the communication, or they feel that a higher than expected number of it's guests would screw it up somehow... no telling.

Tom

Archived