Upgrade Fairy- Kind of- sort of! LOL

SharonCruise

Just got the call. Offered the best cabin (340 sq. feet) on the ship, Jacuzzi, huge balcony (190 sq ft.) VIP Boarding all for only $240 pp. I passed lol. Holy cow, cheap is cheap and we are going cheap on this vacation. I remember when I upgraded from a Jr. Suite to a Grand Suite for only $60.00 pp. Whatever happened to those days?

Still looking forward to my balcony cabin next week even if we are just going to the Bahamas and Half Moon Cay.:)

Hi, I've cruised 8 times on Carnival and not once has someone called me offering an upgrade. Is there some kind of list you have to sign up on?

Thanks,

Steve

Just got the call. Offered the best cabin (340 sq. feet) on the ship, Jacuzzi, huge balcony (190 sq ft.) VIP Boarding all for only $240 pp. I passed lol. Holy cow, cheap is cheap and we are going cheap on this vacation. I remember when I upgraded from a Jr. Suite to a Grand Suite for only $60.00 pp. Whatever happened to those days?

Still looking forward to my balcony cabin next week even if we are just going to the Bahamas and Half Moon Cay.:)

2 years ago i got an up grade from inside to ov and didnt cost anything.

what happened to those days is what i would like to know

Carnival realized they could make money by having an upsell dept. Why give away what you can get paid to do?

Cant say I blame them.

DH and I have gotten a call on 1 of 10 sailings and we turned it down. On our upcoming sailing we got an email from CCL, we could upgrade from our interior to an OV for a total of $70. We had already planned on upgrading closer to the cruise, and had budgeted for way more than $35pp to do so. I was sure there was a catch because our Early Saver rate for the Interior cabin was already very low for the week we are sailing. I went ahead and called the number in the email and there was NO catch, I even got to pick our room from the OVs avail. I chose a Deluxe Ovcean View, with the extra bathroom :). The rate we are paying is almost $100 below the lowest rate I have seen posted for even a regular OV cabin... and I check every day (have been since we booked over 10 months ago!)

I was VERY happy with the "email upgrade fairy" as I have decided to call her... It wasn't free, like the "olden days" may have been, but it was an excellent deal... and I know a good price on a CCL cruise when I see it!

I got the call before my last cruise (just a couple weeks ago). We were already booked in an Ocean Suite. The Grand Suite wasn't much larger. Anyway she tried to sell me on it, then told me $800 total for the three of us. Are you kidding!!?? To go from a suite to a slightly larger suite??

Upgrade Fairy my #$%!!! More like Crack Fairy! LOL

Ernie

I've only gotten an upgrade/upsell call once. It was last December on the Ecstasy, and the offer was to move to the Owner's Suite (from a GS) for the "bargain" price of only $5,000!:eek: Yes, you read correctly...an extra $1,000 per night!:rolleyes: Needless to say, I passed!:D

Got the call a few cruises ago, was booked in a suite and was offered the Owners Suite for an extra $1000 total for the 4 of us, we did it! That was the only time I've been offered an upgrade and we figured since it was the OS we would take it :) it was like having an apartment!! Huge to say the least..

Archived