???s about Sensation 5 night Cozumel, Costa Maya

Crew32

Hey leaning towards booking sensation in August and had some questions..

1) what night is formal night and is there one or 2?

2) anyone have any copies of menus and onboard activities.

3) How many midnight buffets and which nights?

4) what types of "themes" were there?

5) any activity not to be missed?

6) any excursion recommended?

Do a search on webshots. You will find that someone listed pics of the carival capers, which will tell you everything about the ships events.

Sorry, but I don't have the link.

UNCEDD04

Go Heels!

Last week on the Sensation they had "midnight" buffets beginning at about 11:30 in the Seaview Grill. The last night on the cruise they had a buffet for crepes with every thing imaginable you would put on a crepe.

The Pizzaria of course is always open too and they serve sandwiches and caesar salads also.

I was on the Sensation in November, but our five-night cruise went to Calica/Playa del Carmen instead of Costa Maya.

Excusions? I don't book the ship's excursions ($$); I get a cab when in port (Cozumel) and go off on my own. I can highly recommend Chankanaab Park/Beach. You can watch dolphins perform, sea lions, etc. Nice botanical gardens, lagoon, great snorkeling, dive shops for rentals, great al fresco restaurant with strolling mariachis - reasonably priced and great food, waiters will serve drinks on the beach.....just lots to see and do there for the cab ride ($10 total) and $12pp entry fee.

Activities not to miss......well, there's so many listed every day in the Capers, you'll need to take a highlighter pen so you won't miss anything you'd like to do. I like the art auctions - complimentary champagne and a free print. Tea time is also nice, if you're into that.

Themes......They don't have the theme nights like they did in the old days. However, I think the Lido buffet has a theme lunch side of the buffet every day.

Archived