The Boatyard

Squidward Q Tentacles

We just walked out to where the taxis were outside the gate and asked to go to The Boatyard. You pay for admission to the boatyard, but the price you pay includes a ride back to the pier, one drink, beach chair and umbrella.

The one thing I can tell you about the prices is read the menu and then make sure you see the US dollar prices, not the Barbados dollar prices. The US prices are half what the Barbados prices are. Keeping that in mind, the US prices were not bad.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back, admission was 12/pp which included 1 drink, a lounge chair, cab ride back to pier and rope swing and some inflatable iceberg to climb on out in the water, free wifi at the bar! there are people who will gladly take you to the turtles and shipwreck for snorkeling for extra $. They take you to same spot all the catamarans were going to just a little ways from the boatyard.

We just got back too, I don't remember specifically there being any lockers around the area but I also wasn't looking for them. It was a somewhat cloudy/sunny/rainy day off and on so there weren't too many people there. But it's a great facility, the food was pretty good and the drinks were fairly strong. :)

If you don't want to stray far from the ship, this is a decent stop. It was $12/pp I believe for one free drink, chair, umbrella, and a crappy van ride back to port. The place gets hopping in the late morning with crew from the ships. It turns into a spring break vibe. The wings and coconut shrimp were pretty good if you want to order some food. The flying fish wasn't in season, so they ran out and weren't in a rush to restock with frozen fish.

If you want a relaxing beach day without commotion, pick a different beach and/or bar. If you want an active beach with a more youthful vibe, grab a seat at the Boatyard. The rope swing looked fun.

• 3 weeks later...

we were here yday and had great fun . very lively vibe,with stuff for the kids to do.

didnt eat here but good menu and looked nice

we walked there and got the lift back

would go again

bit annoying the jetski / turtles dudes up and down the beach touting for business tho ( not part of Boatyard)

Hiya, we walked to the Dockyard beach from the ship. we had 2 children with us aged 5 and 15 and it took us about 20minutes. It's a nice walk, and we didnt pay to go on the beach. we didnt enter the beach through the dockyard entrance but just along the beach a little. It's a very long beach so there are many walk ways on to the beach. We never bother with sunloungers, we take towels from the ship.

It's a fabulous beach and there are turtles swimming just off the shore. We were were there yesterday....wish we were still there now!!

Hiya, we walked to the Dockyard beach from the ship. we had 2 children with us aged 5 and 15 and it took us about 20minutes. It's a nice walk, and we didnt pay to go on the beach. we didnt enter the beach through the dockyard entrance but just along the beach a little. It's a very long beach so there are many walk ways on to the beach. We never bother with sunloungers, we take towels from the ship.

It's a fabulous beach and there are turtles swimming just off the shore. We were were there yesterday....wish we were still there now!!

me too :( so depressing to be back home !

did your kids like the kids clubs ? we barely saw Ellis ! ( 9) he made so many friends and loved the freedom !

and he took part in the nativity and venturas got talent lol !

Hope you had a lovely birthday too :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We want to snorkel but don't want to pay $60-80 each for whole family. Are there always people there that take you snorkeling and do they provide the equipment? Someone above said it was $20. Anyone else remember any info. I could afford that plus being on beach

Also just wondering if we get our chairs etc and then we all want to do the snorkeling then come back to beach some more,what would we do with are chairs to save them so nobody takes them?

A towel (from the ship?) and a $.10 paperback book usually works.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't recall anyone renting gear at the Boatyard. I believe some of the vendors walking up and down the beach offering to take you out to the turtles may have snorkel gear for rent.

Roger's Scuba Shack is between The Boatyard and Harbour Lights - they may be able to rent or sell you some gear...

Cheers, P:)

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same question about renting snorkel gear. Emailed the Boatyard. They do rent snorkel gear. It is US$ 10 P/P for 3 hours. They require a security deposit by C/C or cash which is refunded when the gear is returned.

Archived