New to Celebrity...Silhouette Questions

angel 77

We have cruised Carnival, Princess, NCL and most recently Holland. We are looking at a transatlantic/Med cruise for our 10th anniversary next year, and are considering Celebrity for a 13 night sailing. We are both mid 30's, no kids and love cruising...especially on newer ships. Just wondering how Celebrity compares to the others...in terms of:

quality of food

service

wine allowed on board or not/corkage fees if we do bring wine in

happy hour or drink specials

specialty restaurant costs

laundry service costs

whether veranda cabins have a bathtub

Thanks in advance...look forward to the responses!

Won't comment about quality of food as that is too subjective.

Service is very good.

Two bottles of wine per stateroom allowed to be brought on board at embarkation only, none at ports. No liquor or beer can be brought on board. Unlimited soft drinks and water can be brought on board. $25 corkage if wine is consumed in any public area or dining room.

Specialty restaurant costs, and laundry costs are all spelled out on the Celebrity website in the FAQ and elsewhere. You can also do a search of this board and find current prices.

No bathtubs in regular staterooms. Some suites and some handicapped staterooms have bathtubs.

just off silhouette today,was not as good as solstice in my opinion.Dining room service not as good,food not as good. The ship is beautiful but I had a much better time on solstice,it might be the fact that this was a 12 day cruise. They allow you 2 bottles of wine to carry on but if you put wine in your suitcase it will probably get on, they seemed not to care about alcohol brought on at the ports. At St. marten they didn't even have anyone collecting liquor.A good cruise but not a great cruise.

Thanks...I have found many answers I needed on the website...can't seem to find the drink packages costs...or whether they have a bagged laundry or unlimited laundry special...anyone know? Also for in room dining breakfast, do they only offer continental? Could we order anything else (eggs, meats etc.)? And could we order from the MDR for dining on our balcony?

I didn't order room service but I think you can order eggs and bacon.the drink packages are online.They do have bagged laundry not sure if unlimited.I just find a card with drink packages.Premium pack 54 a day,classic 44 a day those are starting prices though. any more ?s I'll b here for awhile.

Thanks Lexdog,

We enjoyed being able to bring wine onboard HAL, and corkage fees were $18, so very reasonable. Was there any "happy hour" drinks specials? And how was the pool/ deck area? We love to lay out and lounge around, but I have read it tends to be crowded and not enough chairs, what was your experience?

What beverages are included...juices? tea/coffee/specialty coffee?

We have cruised Carnival, Princess, NCL and most recently Holland. We are looking at a transatlantic/Med cruise for our 10th anniversary next year, and are considering Celebrity for a 13 night sailing. We are both mid 30's, no kids and love cruising...especially on newer ships. Just wondering how Celebrity compares to the others...in terms of:

quality of food

service

wine allowed on board or not/corkage fees if we do bring wine in

happy hour or drink specials

specialty restaurant costs

laundry service costs

whether veranda cabins have a bathtub

Thanks in advance...look forward to the responses!

This should be helpful to you for a lot of the questions you're asking: http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do?pagename=faqs We're new to Celebrity, too, so I did a bit of poking around the website. :D

there was happy hours after the last port everyday, buy 1 drink and get 2nd free. the pool area was ok because the 1st couple days were cold but if you went to the pool late you wouldn't have a problem.I'm not sure of the corkage fee because we were told that if your win e was on the menu it would be corked for free, and that was incorrect but we didn't pay. Bring your wine to dinner in a wine glas and you won't have to pay.

Archived