Taxi or private car Queen Mary to San Pedro

MrsNobby

Hi I'm flying into LAX with 3 kids and staying at the Queen Mary for a night before joining our cruise. I have decided to book execucar to pick us up at LAX and take us to the Queen Mary and also from the ship to LAX on the way home. Their fare quote on line is $55 for each journey.

My question is should I book execucar to take us to the port in San Pedro use a taxi or another shuttle/private transfer company. Execucar is quoting $76 on line for a pick up at the Queen Mary drop off world cruise centre.

All suggestions recommendations graefully recieved. :)

I'm glad to hear that you have booked execucar. We have been pleased with them over the years.

My recommendation is to just take a taxi from the QueenMary over to the World Cruise Center. That is precisely what we've done when we've stayed in Long Beach and the drive is about 15 to 20 minutes. We do the private car transfers between the airport and hotel and the ship and the airport as you are doing them.

Keith

Thanks for the replies I'll book Execucar this week and get the Hotel to book me a taxi when I'm there.

Just one more question as I'm a Brit I just want to make sure I tip the right amount ;). I was thinking of tipping 20% so $11 for Execucar if the trip costs $55 and $5 for the taxi if it costs $25. Is this about right? I dont want to appear tight by not tipping enough or flash by tipping too much. Tipping in the US is such a mine field when you're not use to the expected amount/percentage

Thanks

Thanks for the replies I'll book Execucar this week and get the Hotel to book me a taxi when I'm there.

Just one more question as I'm a Brit I just want to make sure I tip the right amount ;). I was thinking of tipping 20% so $11 for Execucar if the trip costs $55 and $5 for the taxi if it costs $25. Is this about right? I dont want to appear tight by not tipping enough or flash by tipping too much. Tipping in the US is such a mine field when you're not use to the expected amount/percentage

Thanks

I too would only do 15% and agree that it might be added onto the bill. I would only tip more if there were lots of bags or something that the driver help with that would be over and above average service.

Archived