Any Carnival Dream brides out there?

albean86

Hello Everyone!!

I am totally new to this and am just starting to plan our wedding aboard the Carnival Dream for February 2013. We plan to get married right in Port Canaveral on embarkation day, as I know I would be way too stressed out and nervous to enjoy our vacation if we waited to do it in another port haha. Any advice would be amazing as I am just starting this now. So far we are looking at about 20 guests and the 1 1/2 hour reception. Thats about it haha.

Thanks in advance for any advice or planning tips :)

Hello Everyone!!

I am totally new to this and am just starting to plan our wedding aboard the Carnival Dream for February 2013. We plan to get married right in Port Canaveral on embarkation day, as I know I would be way too stressed out and nervous to enjoy our vacation if we waited to do it in another port haha. Any advice would be amazing as I am just starting this now. So far we are looking at about 20 guests and the 1 1/2 hour reception. Thats about it haha.

Congrats!! I'm getting married on embarkation day July 7, 2012. I live in Port Canaveral area, as do my friends/family, so we are looking at about 60 right now, but I am considering having a pre-reception at home type deal, a very tropical luau, and inviting everyone, then only having close family at the wedding, up to 20 guests, of which 9 are sailing. IDK though. I'm also doing the 1 1/2 hour reception. First thing to do is narrow down your guest list, then start thinking of invitation and dress ideas. Flowers are included, but I found a bouquet I fell in love with, so I think I'll make that my main money splurge, since pretty much everything else is included too, like food, open bar, DJ, etc. It can be bit overwhelming lol!

Any specific questions? :)

~Tasha

Past Dream bride here! You can read my review here on Cruise Critic. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1397495

This board is a great source for cruise wedding ideas. Since your just beginning, I would suggest for you to purchase a couple of bridal magazines to help inspire you with your color choices and theme. By the way, Just because your doing a cruise wedding, doesn't mean you have to go with a tropical theme. There is a lot of choices you will be making during the next year. Bride magazine articles were a huge help to me with choosing wording on my invites too.

Also, check your your local library for destination weddings books.

The Knot, has a book called "The knots guide to Destination Weddings" by Carl Roney with Joan Gregoli, which helped me tremendously and I highly recommend using it. I attached a photo of it below. The following website has a lot of info too. http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/destination-weddings.aspx?MsdVisit=1

If you haven't already thought about using a travel agent to book your guest cruises, I would recommend looking into it. There is no cost to you and they can really help if a problem arises with bookings or other Carnival issues.

Hope this info helps! :)

1464476735_weddingbook.jpg.29a734f14b54658f6d8fa153e8498c1a.jpg

• 1 month later...
Hello Everyone!!

My daughter is getting married on THE DREAM on June 16th 2012. I am doing pretty good with plans. Hope everything is GREAT! just booked a hair stylist to come to hotel room, so thats a relief1

Congratulations!!!! Great choice! Embarkation day wedding is the way to go, If you are from out of the area recommend Hampton Inn. They were great to us. Also used Professional Elegance (Tiffany) for hair and make up. She is wonderful. Strongly recommend a run through if possible and if she can schedule to go onboard with you before the reception for touch ups totally worth the extra money. We really enjoyed the Caliente Disco for reception- book the dj in order to ensure the venue. If Albert is still there as a photographer totoally request him. His photos are pure art. Cangratulations again and best of luck!!! Would provide my e-mail for other questions, but not allowed on here.

Past Dream bride here! You can read my review here on Cruise Critic. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1397495

This board is a great source for cruise wedding ideas. Since your just beginning, I would suggest for you to purchase a couple of bridal magazines to help inspire you with your color choices and theme. By the way, Just because your doing a cruise wedding, doesn't mean you have to go with a tropical theme. There is a lot of choices you will be making during the next year. Bride magazine articles were a huge help to me with choosing wording on my invites too.

Also, check your your local library for destination weddings books.

The Knot, has a book called "The knots guide to Destination Weddings" by Carl Roney with Joan Gregoli, which helped me tremendously and I highly recommend using it. I attached a photo of it below. The following website has a lot of info too. http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/destination-weddings.aspx?MsdVisit=1

If you haven't already thought about using a travel agent to book your guest cruises, I would recommend looking into it. There is no cost to you and they can really help if a problem arises with bookings or other Carnival issues.

Hope this info helps! :)

Hey Lady- since this has to be cruise related- were you able to get still photos off of your video? Otherwise miss you and hope all is well!

Hello Everyone!!

I am getting married on the Carnival Dream March 24th 2012 on embarkation day. I am doing the 20 guests and 1 hour reception. I have heard great things about the Dream weddings. :)

Hey Lady- since this has to be cruise related- were you able to get still photos off of your video? Otherwise miss you and hope all is well!

Hey Stacy!

Yes, I Did! I just played the video on my laptop and paused when I wanted to snap a picture. Then, using the screen shot feature on my Mac, I just snapped a photo of the screen. I haven't tried to print them out yet, but I have them on my computer. :)

• 1 month later...

I'm getting married on the Dream embarkation day on June 9, 2012. So far I've booked the pianist for our 1.5 hour reception and I've been trying to get a hold of The Wedding Experience to inquire about customizing the flowers, because the form I was sent is lacking some information. We made our own Save the Dates that we sent out last year around this time and we are wrapping up creating our wedding invites... so far we have 16 sailing guests, and I'm estimating about 20 non-sailing guests.

• 3 weeks later...
Congratulations!!!! Great choice! Embarkation day wedding is the way to go, If you are from out of the area recommend Hampton Inn. They were great to us. Also used Professional Elegance (Tiffany) for hair and make up. She is wonderful. Strongly recommend a run through if possible and if she can schedule to go onboard with you before the reception for touch ups totally worth the extra money. We really enjoyed the Caliente Disco for reception- book the dj in order to ensure the venue. If Albert is still there as a photographer totoally request him. His photos are pure art. Cangratulations again and best of luck!!! Would provide my e-mail for other questions, but not allowed on here.

So I did book Tiffany for my hair and makeup and also my two bridesmaids (deposit is paid and everything) but I'm finding it very hard to get in touch with her!! She never returns emails and I have to email her 2 or 3 times before she responds (usually takes about 3 weeks from the original email) has anyone else thats used her have this problem?? I hear shes the best but this is making me nervous.....

So I did book Tiffany for my hair and makeup and also my two bridesmaids (deposit is paid and everything) but I'm finding it very hard to get in touch with her!! She never returns emails and I have to email her 2 or 3 times before she responds (usually takes about 3 weeks from the original email) has anyone else thats used her have this problem?? I hear shes the best but this is making me nervous.....

I didn't have this problem- but I know she has had phone/ e-mail problems in the past. Have you tried calling or texting instead of e-mail? Are you doing the trial run with her? If so, file your worries away. She is awesome and will come through. I had so many questions for her before the trial. Once I did the trial and had an idea of how things would work, I checked hair and make up permanently off my list of worries. Good luck!

• 1 year later...

Hi girls!

My name is Ana and I'll be getting married on the Dream on June 1st. I'm only 40 days away! I can't thank all of the past brides who wrote reviews enough! This message board has been so helpful.

We are pretty much all set and ready to go. I am now getting all anxious and giddy!

Any other Dream Brides getting married soon?

I didn't have this problem- but I know she has had phone/ e-mail problems in the past. Have you tried calling or texting instead of e-mail? Are you doing the trial run with her? If so, file your worries away. She is awesome and will come through. I had so many questions for her before the trial. Once I did the trial and had an idea of how things would work, I checked hair and make up permanently off my list of worries. Good luck!

I just got married on the April 13th sailing and had Tiffany for my hair and makeup. She was not the best at responding to emails, she was a lot better with text messages. She showed up when it mattered and did an awesome job, so I really have no complaints. She also was great when i had a minor freakout when I realized my invoice said 2012 instead of 2013.

I just got married on the April 13th sailing and had Tiffany for my hair and makeup. She was not the best at responding to emails, she was a lot better with text messages. She showed up when it mattered and did an awesome job, so I really have no complaints. She also was great when i had a minor freakout when I realized my invoice said 2012 instead of 2013.

I booked Tiffany for my hair and make up as well and she takes a long long time to answer my e-mails. But it is relieving to know that she showed up and did a great job!

Congratulations on your wedding, by the way! Will you do a review for us on your experience? I hope you had a wonderful time and everything came out according to your expectations. Many blessings to you and your hubby!

I booked Tiffany for my hair and make up as well and she takes a long long time to answer my e-mails. But it is relieving to know that she showed up and did a great job!

Congratulations on your wedding, by the way! Will you do a review for us on your experience? I hope you had a wonderful time and everything came out according to your expectations. Many blessings to you and your hubby!

I will try to write the review this weekend. Tiffany had a challenge since she had 6 of us to do before the cruise. It was rather amazing how much she can do in a small amount of time.

Archived