Return flight from Baltimore

aam3

We'll be on the Jan 1 sailing of the Pride, and while we had originally planned on driving down to Baltimore, we are now thinking fo flying. We found a great, cheap return flight with a departure of 12:30. I checked the CCL website and they recommend a return flight after 2:30. Does anybody know why they recommend such a late time? The ship is scheduled to dock at 9 and the airport is less than 30 mins from the port. Do you think a 12:30 flight would be ok?

Thanks for the suggestion, Dancer! The Pride docks on a Sunday so I would think traffic should be fairly light. I'm wondering if it's a typo on the CCL site...maybe it should read 12:30 instead of 2:30.

docks late. We've been on this ship. When you arrive in port after 9:00 AM ,(or later than that on a regular basis) and then the ship still has to be cleared, everyone isn't off the ship until well after 12:3PM or later. That's why they tell you not to schedule a flight 'til 2:30.

We didn't get off until about 1100, we started late for some reason too. That would make it a bit tight. You could request an early debarkation or self assist to be able to debark before the numbers are even called. Traffic is usually decent on Sunday in Baltimore.

There is a chance that 1230 would be fine but I think I would be pretty concerned about making the flight. BWI could be busy too inside and out. We have been stuck in horrible traffic around the airport too. Good luck.

Wait what?????? it docks at 9? Holy crap I never heard of a ship docking at that time. I am in SERIOUS trouble!!!!! I have an 11:00 flight! :eek:

I just double checked Carnival's website when you commented. Yes, you are due to dock at 9. No, I don't see you making an 11 flight.

Wait what?????? it docks at 9? Holy crap I never heard of a ship docking at that time. I am in SERIOUS trouble!!!!! I have an 11:00 flight! :eek:

Baltimore is so completly different then what we have ever experienced.

More people self embark on this ship then any other ship in the fleet.

Self embark is done by decks-

We were on the Empress deck- it was 10:30 and they still didnt call our deck and I was near panic when we had a train to catch.

11am flight--:eek: no way. You will need to check your luggage by 10am.. Ship docks at 9- and ship gotta clear customs. and platinum and suites get off first. Then you go through the customs, immigration-- cab- then to the airport

If there is a fog that day you'd be lucky to get to the pier at that time.

what does the documents state what time of a flight you should get from that port?

Cruise Schedule: Baltimore, Maryland (29 Jan d1630); Port Canaveral, Florida (01 Feb 0700-1900); Nassau, Bahamas (02 Feb 1100-2200); Freeport, Bahamas (03 Feb 0700-1400); Baltimore, Maryland (05 Feb a0900)

Baltimore is so completly different then what we have ever experienced.

More people self embark on this ship then any other ship in the fleet.

Self embark is done by decks-

We were on the Empress deck- it was 10:30 and they still didnt call our deck and I was near panic when we had a train to catch.

11am flight--:eek: no way. You will need to check your luggage by 10am.. Ship docks at 9- and ship gotta clear customs. and platinum and suites get off first. Then you go through the customs, immigration-- cab- then to the airport

If there is a fog that day you'd be lucky to get to the pier at that time.

what does the documents state what time of a flight you should get from that port?

Forget FOG delay ... Winter snow/ice delays not uncommon in B'more .. lived on the shore for 15 years. We use to pray B'more would get hit with snow that meant we would be missed, LOL

Thank god I saw this post! See these boards are important! Thankfully I booked Southwest so there was no change fee but did cost use $40 more because the price had gone up. ugh... oh well... that is the price I pay for not even thinking about a ship coming in that late! I work at the Boston pier and it is still a 7am docking. Our flight now is 3:40.

Thank god I saw this post! See these boards are important! Thankfully I booked Southwest so there was no change fee but did cost use $40 more because the price had gone up. ugh... oh well... that is the price I pay for not even thinking about a ship coming in that late! I work at the Boston pier and it is still a 7am docking. Our flight now is 3:40.

and putting your luggage out you can relax on the ship. Grab a breakfast in the dining room for a more relaxed experience. Almost everyone will be at the buffet.

This ship is the most easier to get on and off.

What time you arriving? They dont board til late either. We arrived at 1:10 and they just called zone 7 for boarding. By the time we got on the ship- dropped off our stuff- went to the lido deck ad sitting at or table it was 2:15. Amazing.

If you booked a shuttle through Carnival to the airport, the shuttle I took had 'Executive Shuttle' on the side, not Carnival.

I waited for 1 1/2 hr,then finally talked with a worker who called the shuttle person. I don't know how many times it had passed by. It didn't park in the Carnival slot, either.

We are coming in the night before. We always try and come in the day before, especially given it will be January... never know with weather. At least if the weather is bad and flights are canceled we can drive there in 8 hours. It's also nice to be able to sleep in and be relaxed to be able to enjoy your entire first day, especially now that I find out it is even later for boarding. We are Platinum so we have VIP check in anyway. Our friends have never cruised Carnival so we book me and my friend in one and husbands in the other so they could get past guest rates and board with us in VIP.

I believe the company I work for does the check-in for them. I know we do for Royal in Baltimore and given there are only two ships I imagine we do there is well so I will have to get the lowdown lol

We'll be on the Jan 1 sailing of the Pride, and while we had originally planned on driving down to Baltimore, we are now thinking fo flying. We found a great, cheap return flight with a departure of 12:30. I checked the CCL website and they recommend a return flight after 2:30. Does anybody know why they recommend such a late time? The ship is scheduled to dock at 9 and the airport is less than 30 mins from the port. Do you think a 12:30 flight would be ok?

If you have an early flight out, you can get a special tag from guest services that wil allow you to be of the first passengers off the ship. That being said, if there is a delay in getting back to port on time due to weather, you take your chances. If all goes as planned you would probably be ok, the ship needs to clear customs before people start to leave the ship, if you are off the ship at say 9:30 or 10am at the latest, you will be fine.

You will be much more relaxed knowing that you don't have to rush to get your flight!

If you have an early flight out, you can get a special tag from guest services that wil allow you to be of the first passengers off the ship. That being said, if there is a delay in getting back to port on time due to weather, you take your chances. If all goes as planned you would probably be ok, the ship needs to clear customs before people start to leave the ship, if you are off the ship at say 9:30 or 10am at the latest, you will be fine.

On the Pride-- EVERYone is the first off the ship. THis ship does the most self embarkation then any other ship.

If the ship is docking at 9am and IT needs to clear and the passenger needs to clear-- no way will they be at the airport and luggage checked in before 60 minutes of that flight--

We had a 12:30 train to catch and barely made that-- and there were no complications for our sailing in February.

If you are the lucky first deck off then I would say its quite doable.

Archived