Iah to Galveston Limo service

cruisinjan

We are looking for limo service from Iah airport to the hotel in Galveston.

Its just the two of us and we were wondering which limo service is

dependable and reasonably priced. We dont really want to use a regular shuttle service since we do not want to wait for other passengers. Not sure which to choose and if all

else fails we may have to take a taxi instead. Any suggestions?

All information is really appreciated.

Check out texasairportcar.com

DH and I used them a couple of weeks ago for private transfer via Lincoln Town Car from our Galveston hotel to IAH. They were recommended to us by our hotel. We were extremely pleased by the service they provided and would use them again without doubt.

Having spent the majority of my life in the Houston/Galveston/Beaumont part of Texas, the state/locality are not public transportation friendly. Despite the numbers of folks that tend to root for Galveston, travel, dining and in general getting around are very difficult unless you have a car. Galveston has done next to nothing to make cruising easy. The only car rental place is closed on Sunday (wonder which day is big for cruise ships?). Unless you are in a very specific part of Galveston, dining and sightseeing are tough.

When compared to other ports, most of which cater to the cruise passengers, Galveston is far behind.

We drive a considerable extra distance to cruise out of New Orleans even though family is still in Houston.

Having spent the majority of my life in the Houston/Galveston/Beaumont part of Texas, the state/locality are not public transportation friendly. Despite the numbers of folks that tend to root for Galveston, travel, dining and in general getting around are very difficult unless you have a car. Galveston has done next to nothing to make cruising easy. The only car rental place is closed on Sunday (wonder which day is big for cruise ships?). Unless you are in a very specific part of Galveston, dining and sightseeing are tough.

When compared to other ports, most of which cater to the cruise passengers, Galveston is far behind.

We drive a considerable extra distance to cruise out of New Orleans even though family is still in Houston.

You are correct!

Understand though from cruisers with us on TA recently

that Hertz Texas City was in the game now.

But to what nature and extent????

Private enterprise is far behind!

rental car service

cruise lines

airlines into galveston airport

limos are getting more in the game

taxi

Cruise line transfers are sail day only from airport

We use Cornerstone Elite Limousine regularly from Galveston to IAH

and Hobby

Thanks of that information. Is a cab really that hard to get in order to go

to the cruise port from my hotel in Galveston?

:confused:

Galveston as an area you will spend time in is small.

25 blocks by 70 blocks area.

When 6000 or 12000 people (on same day say Mariner 3000 on and 3000 off and Magic 3000 on and 3000 off ) alot of cruisers are trying to use taxis

on day of arrival and departure of ships. They are not always prompt dealing with everyone.

• 1 year later...
We use Cornerstone Elite Limousine regularly from Galveston to IAH and love them. Courteous, prompt, nice vehicles and very responsive.

Hi there - just noticed that you are both sailing on the 10th of Nov. on the Navigator of the Seas. My husband and I will be on the same ship, and I'm curious re the transportation from the cruise port to IAH. I believe you mentioned that you use Cornerstone Elite Limo. Could you please tell me the cost for this and if it is possible to ask them to include 2 or more other people in one limo in order to keep transport cost down? It is our first time heading into Galveston port. Thanks for any info you may have, and perhaps we'll see you on the Navigator. We just returned from the TA on the Liberty of the Seas and had a great crossing eastbound. Carole Davies (flychick15)

We are picking up the Navigator in Rome on Nov. 3 sailing to Barcelona.

We will be wainting for you:)

I don't believe they charge by the number of passengers, but by the destination. You can look them up on line. If I recall it was $140 plus tip.

DD uses them as she travels some for business. She feels more comfortable with them picking her up after a late night flight than driving on her own.

• 1 month later...

thanks for the recommendation: did a lot of looking and it seems a lot of companies have some issues from over-booking and/or sub-contracting. Price isn't everything and it is just as important for the service to be reliable, on time, clean and courteous. I have booked our party of 4 with Cornerstone for our trip Feb 2014 on the Magic.

We intended to fly into Hobby with Jet Blue or Southwest but I have been disappointed to find that not only are their rates not better their departure flights for us would be at 10 or 11 am and that's simply not something you can ensure even with FTTF. SO we've booked with United out of Bush and a certain 3:45 pm flight time.

Archived