How far in advance to do Priceline for San Juan hotel?

bsawg

Hi,

I am looking for advice on when I need to try for my hotel on Priceline (hoping for Sheraton OSJ). If I can wait and work on paying off some of the cruise first, great, but I don't want to risk not getting a nice, cheap room. Anyone have any experience with Priceline, San Juan and timing?

Thanks!

Hi,

I am looking for advice on when I need to try for my hotel on Priceline (hoping for Sheraton OSJ). If I can wait and work on paying off some of the cruise first, great, but I don't want to risk not getting a nice, cheap room. Anyone have any experience with Priceline, San Juan and timing?

Thanks!

March is a busy vacation time.....Spring breaks, etc. I would book your room now.

We cruised out of San Juan 5/1 this year and booked our hotel through Priceline in February. We were able to get the Sheraton across the street from port for $95 plus tax. I believe it came to $102 all together. Rooms are nice but not as nice as other Sheratons I've been in before. However, very convenient to nightlife, great restaurants, shopping and port. When placing a bid through priceline, make sure to ask for a 4-5 star and start you bid as low as $90. Sometime they'll take it..sometimes they'll come back with a higher price..maye $20 more. But dont be discouraged. If they do not grant your bid, go back in the next day and ask for same price. Nine times outta ten they will grant it. Good luck!

I was having a problem finding something for a post cruise night on priceline and hotwire for February. Got pre cruise nights no problem on priceline. I went on lastminutetravel dot com and called the phone number and was pleasantly surprised with the rates for named hotels. We got the Hilton caribe for $130 when it was posted for $269. Best of all it is fully cancellable in case we get something better on priceline closer to the date. Basically any hotel on easyclicktravel can be had for less by calling the lastminutetravel phone number as they are sister companies.

I was having a problem finding something for a post cruise night on priceline and hotwire for February. Got pre cruise nights no problem on priceline. I went on lastminutetravel dot com and called the phone number and was pleasantly surprised with the rates for named hotels. We got the Hilton caribe for $130 when it was posted for $269. Best of all it is fully cancellable in case we get something better on priceline closer to the date. Basically any hotel on easyclicktravel can be had for less by calling the lastminutetravel phone number as they are sister companies.

Have you tried to place in a bid for a hotel thru priceline If not start with a low bid and slowly add $ 5.00 on each new bid until you hit

Paul

Have you tried to place in a bid for a hotel thru priceline If not start with a low bid and slowly add $ 5.00 on each new bid until you hit

Paul

I use priceline regularly, and as stated got 2 nights precruise on priceline at Intercontinental for $115. Have gone as high as $135 for post night cruise and still nothing. Now I have a cancellable reservation through lastminutetravel at a great rate, so can still keep trying priceline.

Archived