Stupid taxi question (hotel to POM)

skyfire1982

Hi all,

After searching this forum for a couple hours, I have not noticed anyone with the same question I have, which leads me to believe that this must be a very stupid question (or perhaps it was answered in a very obvious place, which I missed). Here goes:

How do you get the taxi from the hotel to the Miami port?

I don't think my hotel (Sheraton Airport) has a shuttle to the port, which means taxi. I am going to assume hotels are not such a big hotbed of activity that there are taxis waiting at the hotels (be nice if they were, that would solve everything!). I've seen people posting that they asked the front desk to call them a taxi, but what the hotel ended up calling was some private car service that charged them twice the price. I'm not too enthused about that idea. So should I call the taxi myself? And if so, which are the reliable companies? I tried googling for it and got a whole bunch of links to shady looking companies.

If all fails, I figure I can always take the hotel shuttle back to the airport and then a taxi from there to the port (which is what we did last time - the first time we went cruising - since we had to meet people at the airport anyways.)

Thanks!

You will not have a problem catching a cab at that hotel. There will be other cruisers headed to the port. If you are worried,when you check in, just mention that you are headed to the port in the morning. And ask when the cabs arrive in the morning. You will see the word taxi on the cab. You can't mistake a car service for a public cab. :rolleyes: Don't worry. And have a great time!

I'd head over to the port at 11 when you are checked out, if you want to be on the ship comfortably non-rushed for lunch and time to tour the ship. ;)

NO, don't go all the way back to the airport. NOT necessary. And a waste of time.

Archived