Just off "SKY" yesterday...

sirdavid

I thought I could just post the Daily's but ran into some technical problems.

Will be happy to email to anyone who wants them. Either post your interest and email address or just email me at:

sirdavid36@gmail.com.

Will hopefully finish scanning MDR menus later today or tomorrow...will be happy to email to anyone wanting them.

Stephanie's review of our cruise will be added later this evening I hope.

Thank you for an excellent review. You said disembarkation was painless? What time did you get off of the ship? I'm trying to figure out if a 10:45 am flight out of Miami would work. I think because the Sky is scheduled to arrive at 7:00 it should be okay...

Again if you handle your own baggage off the ship you will have no problem making that flight.

We have taken several short cruises and think they are the best for a really good time. I think that's because the passengers know they are there for just a short while, many haven't cruised before and they seek to squeeze the fun in!

That being said, we also like to relax on our balcony and think the ideal would be to do back to back cruises incorporating a longer cruise with a short one.

We are taking our first 11 night cruise to the Southern Caribbean in December and have read that there are many "older" passengers go on cruises longer than 7 days since they have more time to spare. We're chronologically "older" also, but are definitely young in spirit. We'll surely be dancing til the wee hours, hitting the bars, working out and doing some exciting excursions...not in that order! (hoping not to burn out!)

The best part about cruises is that there is something for everyone!

Barbara

That being said, we also like to relax on our balcony and think the ideal would be to do back to back cruises incorporating a longer cruise with a short one.

Barbara

Barbara

We did exactly that! We started with a 3 day cruise on the Sky (Fri-Mon), then spent 2 days in Pompano Beach before boarding the Dawn on Wednesday for a wonderful 11 day S. Caribbean cruise. Two totally different expiriences that made for a wonderful two week getaway. The Sky was party all day and night, the Dawn was all about the ports, food and entertainment.

Enjoy your cruise!

-Ron and Jane

I am aware that that wonderful hot tub is shown on deck plans as "for children" I never saw children alone in it and everyone was having fun...99% of the time it was empty....I do no recall seeing a sign that said children only. a question where common sense should rule.

I had no question; just informing you of what it says on NCL's webiste. Common sense should tell you that the hot tub located where the children's pool is located just might be for the children. I am aware of no sign but there are signs on the four other hot tubs. I just found it frustrating during our Sky cruise that the regular hot tubs which clearly say "adults only" had only a few people in them but I of course did not allow my children to use one of them because I knew that that would be wrong to do and then we go over to the children's section and adults were in that hot tub and did not want to leave. What made it worse is that they acted as though WE were in the wrong place.

I am all for common sense but you must admit that so many always harp about children being where they shouldn't be and for someone like me who makes sure that my children do not go where they do not belong, it is frustrating when they can't even use something which is designated for children. What the heck; I say that anyone can use any hot tub. Common sense trumps everything else.

I have open ed new public Picasa Web Link for all these scans.

https://picasaweb.google.com/103551865655915491364

Glad this method worked out for you.

I watched a thread one time that someone offered to email them and seriously I think this poor poster probably ended up spending her day emailing with the amount of responses she had gotten.

I just found this method worked so much better and didn't have me sitting sending lot of emails out.

I'm sure all of the viewers are very appreciative.

We have taken several short cruises and think they are the best for a really good time. I think that's because the passengers know they are there for just a short while, many haven't cruised before and they seek to squeeze the fun in!

Barbara

hey thats what i wanted to do! im booked on the pearl but hope to squeeze in 4 nights on either ncl sky or carnival imagination the week befor, then have 2 nights partying in miami befor going on the pearl, and then have another 2 nts in miami... figured i may as well coz airfare isnt cheap and i cant afford to come back for another year, I do have plenty of time off for vacations. we even considered doing both of these 4 nt cruises back to back instead of doing the pearl just because the short cruises are fun! i hope the pearl is fun too but will the spring breakers be on the shorter cruises instead?

Archived