Does Celebrity honor their Best Price Guarantee?

PartyAllDaTyme

Does Celebrity honor the Best Price Guarantee?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Does Celebrity honor the Best Price Guarantee?

• I was able to claim the BPG for a non-NBO price drop with no problem.
    • I was able to claim the BPG for an NBO price drop with no problem.
    • I was able to claim the BPG for a non-NBO price drop, but it was a hassle.
    • I was able to claim the BPG for an NBO price drop, but it was a hassle.
    • I was denied the BPG for a non-NBO price drop that I should have received.
    • I was denied the BPG for an NBO price drop that I should have received.
    • Other-- please post your experience.

There's a thread going wherein a Cruise Critic member reports not being able to claim the Best Price Guarantee (BPG) that he otherwise would have qualified for because the lower price was the result of a Tuesday Special designated for New Bookings Only (NBO). I have taken the position that one has nothing to do with the other-- there's nothing in the terms and conditions of the BPG that excludes NBO specials, and since a fare reduction does not occur, there's nothing in the terms of the NBO specials that excludes the BPG.

Moreover, it violates the spirit of the BPG-- it's supposed to allow you to book with confidence, knowing that if the price drops after you book (well, within 48 hours, at least) that you're to receive a nonrefundable OBC amounting to 110% of the difference. Since you can't know in advance if such a special (or other price drop) is going to pop up, this compensates you for having the bad luck to book right before it appears. It's supposed to give you a warm fuzzy feeling about X, and is instead pissing people off.

This poll is for anyone who has had experience with the BPG. Has anyone else had problems claiming it for a NBO special? Has anyone had problems claiming it otherwise? If you've had problems, please share your stories with us.

Please vote ONLY if you have had experience with the BPG. I predict that there won't be many votes, but I'd like to see the results, anyway. It'll be a public poll, meaning others can see how you voted, and it's not necessary to vote to view the poll results. It's multiple choice in the event someone has had more than one experience and different outcomes. If you're viewing this just after I've posted, please be patient-- it takes a while to enter in the poll questions.

I submitted a form when within 24 hours of my booking a Concierge guarantee it was $20 pp cheaper on all the travel websites-normal cuise TA that advertise her plus the big three travel websites. Celebrity didn't have that on their website however. In fact no c guarntees listed. It was denied. Two day later it was listed on X website. A bit annoying but it was only $40 so no big deal. I wasn't impressed by the BPG though.

I just booked the Dec 3rd Celebrity Millennium on Nov 17 online around 8 pm when I checked the prices again on SUN Nov 20 and immediately emailed the cruise line letting them know I was disappointed to have missed out on the price drop from $249 to $229 pp and they emailed me on Sun stating they have applied a ship credit to my account for $40. As this is our first cruise with Celebrity I am extremely happy with their customer service as it was past the normal 48 hrs! It never hurts to ask!:)

I just booked the Dec 3rd Celebrity Millennium on Nov 17 online around 8 pm when I checked the prices again on SUN Nov 20 and immediately emailed the cruise line letting them know I was disappointed to have missed out on the price drop from $249 to $229 pp and they emailed me on Sun stating they have applied a ship credit to my account for $40. As this is our first cruise with Celebrity I am extremely happy with their customer service as it was past the normal 48 hrs! It never hurts to ask!:)

They have stated that the deadline is "about" 48 hours, exceptions to be decided on a case-by-case basis. It wasn't the 110% offered by the guarantee, but I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

As I predicted, not much activity on the poll. As of now, four reports that they got the BPG for a non-NBO drop with no problem, one saying they were denied for a NBO drop, and one that they were denied for a non-NBO drop, which is disturbing. NLH Arizona, could you please provide additional details? No evidence so far that they have honored a drop for a NBO special, but it's a small sample.

They have stated that the deadline is "about" 48 hours, exceptions to be decided on a case-by-case basis. It wasn't the 110% offered by the guarantee, but I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

As I predicted, not much activity on the poll. As of now, four reports that they got the BPG for a non-NBO drop with no problem, one saying they were denied for a NBO drop, and one that they were denied for a non-NBO drop, which is disturbing. NLH Arizona, could you please provide additional details? No evidence so far that they have honored a drop for a NBO special, but it's a small sample.

Last year we booked within the final payment date, and price dropped three days later, We tried, but they would not honor it. One of the reasons we tried is because perhaps the price changed the evening before. An upgrade was not an option as it would have cost more and we wanted to try AQU.

One thing that I was told and I have not mentioned is that the date is dependent on when the reservation is created, not paid/ticketed. I don't think that is fair. When I tell my TA I want a cruise there is usually a 2 day hold (if within final) so we can confirm flights. If that's the case when we actually book/pay there is a false sense that we have a 48 hour price guarantee at that point.

Archived