Limits on Teen Spending

Hi all-

It is has been a number of years since my last post and cruise for that matter. We are heading out on the Mariner of the Seas on 11-Dec and I have a question regarding charging privileges. We have two children, one 9 who we will either be with us or in the kids activities, but we also have a 16 year old. I suspect she will be spending every waking hour with new friends and at the teen events. It would be nice to enable her to charge a few items on our account, but is there a way to place a daily limit on a specific card on the account?

How have others handled this situation?

Thanks!

Hi all-

It is has been a number of years since my last post and cruise for that matter. We are heading out on the Mariner of the Seas on 11-Dec and I have a question regarding charging privileges. We have two children, one 9 who we will either be with us or in the kids activities, but we also have a 16 year old. I suspect she will be spending every waking hour with new friends and at the teen events. It would be nice to enable her to charge a few items on our account, but is there a way to place a daily limit on a specific card on the account?

How have others handled this situation?

Thanks!

We have always used this as a way to instill responsibility to our DD, we give her a daily limit that she can spend, and tell her that if she wants to buy anything from the gift shop, for friends and family etc, she must ask us first, she never went over her limit and always asked before buying gifts etc. She knew that if she went over her limit charging would be cancelled, and she always stuck to it

We have always used this as a way to instill responsibility to our DD, we give her a daily limit that she can spend, and tell her that if she wants to buy anything from the gift shop, for friends and family etc, she must ask us first, she never went over her limit and always asked before buying gifts etc. She knew that if she went over her limit charging would be cancelled, and she always stuck to it

That is exactly what we did with our son too. We bought him a soda card so that took care of his drinks. We did allow him one virgin frozen drink a day or a Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Any other purchases had to be preapproved or else they were his responsibility. He only had a few pina coladas a week and never overspent.

We did always check charges on the TV each night so we could see if there were any issues but he was always responsible.

Now that he is turning 21, his seapass charges will be his own responsibility other than what we decide to get him.

Archived