bedding question? Trundle bed???

luv cruising 007

Good morning cruise critic members! This will be my Platinum cruise on Carnival WOHOOO! BUT I never had a 3rd bunk that was a Trundle bed(sorry if thats not the correct spelling):confused:??? Im useto an upper bunk! What is a Trundle bed, any pics of it & is it comfy? I will be on the Ecstasy(if the ship makes a difference) Thanx in advance for any help & info!

If its a trundle, its not a bunk. its low to the ground and not quite full sized.

If you have a rollaway, it will be full sized, and some cabins use them not a trundle.

Im too old to get up and down off the ground to sleep. Im camped out all im going to. It would be fine for a child.

Is the 3rd person a child? If not, I would do anything possible to switch.

Even a teen would have trouble fitting on the small trundle beds. They are also very low to the ground, pretty much like sleeping on a mattress on the floor.

If its a trundle, its not a bunk. its low to the ground and not quite full sized.

If you have a rollaway, it will be full sized, and some cabins use them not a trundle.

Im too old to get up and down off the ground to sleep. Im camped out all im going to. It would be fine for a child.

Thanx Fire I knew you will come through quick;)! Yup my agent says it will def. a trundle bed:( cant wait to be on the Ecstasy!

Is the 3rd person a child? If not, I would do anything possible to switch.

Even a teen would have trouble fitting on the small trundle beds. They are also very low to the ground, pretty much like sleeping on a mattress on the floor.

Ehh 3 adults & Carnival(through customer service) said being that its Martin luther king day falls as a holiday(jan 16th 2012) according to carnival they will be sailing at full capacity & they cannot switch to a bunk room because those sleep 4 & we only have 3! At least 2 of the adults are short:eek::)!

Ehh 3 adults & Carnival(through customer service) said being that its Martin luther king day falls as a holiday(jan 16th 2012) according to carnival they will be sailing at full capacity & they cannot switch to a bunk room because those sleep 4 & we only have 3! At least 2 of the adults are short:eek::)!

if not in an oceanview why not upgrade to a 6A? There seem to be plenty of rooms for 3. $269pp first 2 pax, $149 for 3rd pax. $68.78 taxes and fees pp.

Bill

Good morning cruise critic members! This will be my Platinum cruise on Carnival WOHOOO! BUT I never had a 3rd bunk that was a Trundle bed(sorry if thats not the correct spelling):confused:??? Im useto an upper bunk! What is a Trundle bed, any pics of it & is it comfy? I will be on the Ecstasy(if the ship makes a difference) Thanx in advance for any help & info!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1411874

Post #4 has pictures of a cabin on Fascination .. Ecstasy's sister ship with a trundle.

Id be requesting a roll away from my cabin steward then when you arrive.

I wouldn't be tremendously concerned over the difference between the trundle and the roll away.

Here's the dimensions as provided by Carnival:

Trundle Bed

mattress 4-1/2” thick

Weight Restriction – 250 pounds

73" L x 29" W

Roll-Away Bed

mattress 4-1/2” thick

75" L x 29" W

So, the difference is only two inches...

I've never had need of a trundle or roll away but I think that the Ecstasy only has trundles... seem to recall that from Carnival...

:)

Thought I would give you a little tip:eek: My kids had a trundle on the Triumph and after a few days of it taking up room (in the room:)) I realized I could take the mattress out, turn the trundle upside down and set the mattress in it. That way it would slide under the bed and left alot more room when not being used:D

Thanx host mach, fire & everyone so much for all the info & pics! My TA called me 2day & told me about a great upgrade offer I couldn't refuse! $10 bucks each to upgrade from a 4B inside to a 6C oceanview with a 3rd bunk :D so excited & took the offer! Ive had the bunk before & love them!

Archived