Category Y Guarantee Question (help with price change)

weisla

So excited to set sail for 7 nights on Enchantment of the Seas (my second cruise ever) in a few weeks! My husband and I booked an Oceanview Category Y guarantee and were assigned a Category G cabin (Large Oceanview Stateroom) 4024.

The Category Y price has now increased by $100 over what we paid, but Category G cabins are now available for $50 less than our guarantee rate. I'm wondering what would be my best move at this point. Should I contact our TA or RCL and inquire about a credit for the difference (don't know if this is even possible with a guarantee), or perhaps request to go back into the pool and see if we get a better cabin assignment? I don't know much about cabin 4024, it seems fine for us but perhaps there are cabins that are more desirable in the Oceanview category. There are also still a few balcony rooms and large number of suites that show as available (and though I'd be happy with an upgrade, I'm perfectly happy with what I'm currently assigned).

Any advice? Thanks!

If by in few weeks you mean you are past final payment then you are no longer eligible for a price reduction or an on board credit. What you can do is see if they will switch you to a better category G cabin. You can also check and see if higher category cabins are being reduced so you can upgrade to say a balcony for a few dollars more.

You can always call your TA and ask about a credit but expect to be told no.

If you are not past the final payment date then I would ask my TA to assign me to a different G cabin and get the on board credit.

Archived