Dengue fever bahamas

Bustersmom

Just back from Grand Princess and received the Dengue fever warning. We decided not to apply any repellant and didnt see any flying insect.

From our experience I think that Princess give the warning as a precaution against being sued!! As many of the, mainly American passengers, on the Grand seemed to threaten this as a result of anything going 'wrong'. ie - the weather was too hot, too cold,the tour buses parked too far from the ship, the seats were not big enough on the tour bus - I soon got tired of hearing 'if I get pneumonia/leg ache/a bad back etc etc - I'll sue Princess'.

Some people seem to get a kick out of continually complaining - and the Australians call us 'Wingeing Poms' - I don't think so!

Saw a very few flying insects on PC on the cruise we just returned from.

Lot's of people threaten to sue, some try to, some discover you can sue (if you pay a lawyer hourly rates) but have little chance of winning. If you go to a lawyer and he takes it on contingency, you might have a case. If he says time and expense, forget it.

Hard times might wise up many of us.

Archived