First cruise for 4 year old grandson on Gem

gizmo911

I am planning a cruise for next year on the Gem and want to bring my grandson along. He is almost 5 years old and I think that this is a good age to start him cruising.:)

I would like to know what programs/activities are onboard for kids. If anyone has a copy of the kids program/dailies for kids age 4-5, I would really appreciate it. I would also enjoy seeing pics as well of possible.

Also any suggestions regarding dining and show participation welcomed.

I want him to enjoy himself but also would like a little me time. How do you juggle this when there is only one of you??

Thanks so much for your help!

Welcome to the family board. If you click on this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1520653

Scroll down to the post by Michele (crusinmama06) you will find a photobucket link in her signature that has copies of the children's programs for several lines, including a cruise this year on the Gem. EM

I am planning a cruise for next year on the Gem and want to bring my grandson along. He is almost 5 years old and I think that this is a good age to start him cruising.:)

I would like to know what programs/activities are onboard for kids. If anyone has a copy of the kids program/dailies for kids age 4-5, I would really appreciate it. I would also enjoy seeing pics as well of possible.

Also any suggestions regarding dining and show participation welcomed.

For dining, I would start teaching him proper table manners now. Take him out to a few nice restaurants to practice. I would also plan on a few quick dinners at the buffet, as even the best behaved boys sometimes have extra energy to burn at the end of the day (says the Mom of two boys lol!) As for the shows, if he can sit through a movie in a theatre he should be fine. We always sit on the balcony with a clear and easy exit in case one of the boys wants to leave.

I want him to enjoy himself but also would like a little me time. How do you juggle this when there is only one of you??

I think this is all about how well he likes the kids club. My oldest begs to go, my youngest sees it as a prison :confused: They both went to day care, preschool and now elementary school, so it's more about temperament than anything with my two. I think this is your best bet for getting some down time, but if he doesn't want to go you can always try some quieter activities, like you sitting in the hot tub while he plays at the kids pool...that's my favourite!

Thanks so much for your help!

Enjoy your trip! He's a lucky boy :)

Archived