Boarded the Statendam three hours ago. What I learned.

IPB4IGO

This is the first I've heard of a $250 beverage card and of a price increase. The HAL website still shows the cards priced at $45 for a $50 card and $90 for $100 - both a 10% discount - and no $250 card. Anyone know anything about this?

On our last cruise, the travel agent/wholesaler (Travel the World) gifted $250 beverage cards to their clients. That's the only time we've seen them at that value.

I am amazed how most TV manufacturers no longer include standard stereo audio jacks or a simple headphone jack on the newest flat panel TVs. When I bought our smaller second TV for personal viewing (like one would want to do in a stateroom), I refused to consider any brand that did not include a headphone jack. That cut down the choices to a very short list.

Do the TVs in the staterooms at least have a headphone jack? I don't remember as we do not watch TV shows while cruising. I do that enough at home! :-)

igraf

Nope, no headset jack on the TV.

Today the price went up on beverage cards. The $100 card now gives only a 5% discount. The $250 card gives a 10% discount.

Another thread has started on this, is there an actual rise on the price of the beverage cards? On the HAL website, this is not mentioned, beverage cards are listed as $50 and $100, with an actual price of $45 and $90 respectively, so no price raise obvious there. I can see no pre order $250 beverage card listed.

Is it possible that you can still buy them at the current discount prior to the cruise and that the new pricing only applies when the cards are purchased on the ship? For my 12/31/11 cruise on the Oo, the pricing is still $45 for $50 and $90 for $100.

Archived