Question for familyof4cruising

shelby2002

I saw your post regarding Costa Magica for Presidents week 2006 but when I try to get a price quote my 2 kids are being charged $399.00 and I see you said there was a special of $199.00 where can I find this? Thanks for any help you can give me on this.

What grade of stateroom are you looking at ? We are booked in a Suite in December 05 and we also paid around 399 for our kids. I am sure that with a suite you do not get the $199 deal. Although we did get a great price in total. We are back to back (Dec18-30) and paid a little under 6K for the 4 of us. Last year we had a PS Suite and booked a suite this year as the actual size difference is only 10sq ft not worth the extra, we also have a huge blacony as we are on the croner at the aft of the ship.

• 4 weeks later...

for what category did you get that price. we are in a suite and have the suite deals rate and my TA says these special rates cannot be combined. We are also back to back and got a great rate fpr the 2 cruises.

yes, she is right you can not combine specials. I have a balcony. We are only 4 in one cabin ,so the kids being $199 instead of $399 saves me more money. I think there is a seniors rate, friends and family( if you book 2 or more), in a suite first person at regular price and second 50% off, and the adiamo kids $199.00 - all are not combinable. Whatever works better for your family.

• 1 month later...

Lynnie...I booked the same cruise for our family of 4 in a verandah cabin for the same price. Will see you on board.

I must say I am a little (no, a lot) nervous, after reading such mixed reviews on the Med. But for that price I keep saying how bad can it be and we do have 4 ports where we can leave the ship.

Has anyone here sailed Costa before? Please give me your input.

To the OP, I called Costa and they did offer $199 for the Magica for Presidents week.

hey, if you have questions about the Med, ask away. We were on in April. We had a great time. The cruise experience on Costa is different than HAL and RCI. The ship is super over-decorated, decorations on the decorations. We thought it was amusing - I could see how it might offend some people. The staff are a lot of fun, toga night is worth going to. My kids had a blast with the boys and girls drink cards, you can pretty much ask for any non-alc. frozen fruit drink and they'll make it. (our family of 5 went through 80 tickets in a week - no wonder I'm so post-cruise fat) Our dining room steward was horrible, but we could have complained and had our table changed. It's true, some of the food is not so great. A few times we went to the Lido for dinner. It's the same menu, but you can see what you are getting, and easily grab pizza and fries for the kids in the same location. The beds are HORRIBLE - Offer to use the sofa bed, it is more comfortable. The mattresses have buttons sewn onto them approximately every 10 inches apart, so they are constantly hitting your elbows, knees, etc. as you move around. BUT, once again, we should have complained about it, because as we were leaving we saw mattress toppers outside of some rooms. One other note, the photographers are really surprisingly bad, so don't get your hopes up for good formal pictures. They also print up the pictures in crazy sizes, like 8x12.

We did the Eastern route. Kandela was GREAT

Oh well, maybe if we have low expectations we'll be pleasantly surprised. For $1800 for a family of 4 compared to $3800 for Mariner of the Seas...I'll take my chances and realize that I get what I pay for. It'll at least be relaxing - no cooking, no cleaning and lots of time to spend with my boys!

See you then.

I got a quad, 2 kids, OV for $1429......kids sail free only taxes 40.28, for the week of 1/2/06 Magica!!!! I had original booked an inside, another cruise site sent me an email for OV or Balcony with $100 ship boad credit, I called Costa and they matched for 8.98 more...with the ship board credit!! OOOHHHHH

• 2 weeks later...

We took a Cat 8 balcony for $1,769 for 4 with the $100 room credit on the 1 day promotion also for the 1/2/06 Magica sailing.

Having sailed on Costa Atlantica Jan/04, we got a great bargain then and a great buy now. We had no service/cruise/food issues then and expect the Magica to be similar. Waiters/room attendants/cleanliness/ were top notch.

While the Western run duplicates previous visits, it is the cruise experience, there will be new things to see in the ports.

The Costa Kids Club on the ship was excellent for the girls then and I fully expect they (13 & 15) will fully partake in the teens club.

For us, we took chances on our 1st cruise with Carnival and "got what we paid for". That was the last Carnival cruise for us. Costa surpassed expectations. we expected quality and we got that plus more.

Waiters and room stewards are great when you meet them half way. They have expectations as well as the passengers. A smile, please and thank-you work wonders.

Archived