Cruising Allure with a toddler

Winemyst

We recently returned from our vacation on Allure with our toddler. We had a fantastic time I think our 1 year old had more fun than us. Some observations:

We had a balcony room. The pack and play provided by the ship was fine. We brought our own sheet for the pack and play. The pack and play takes up most of the empty space in the room, but it works. We loved having a balcony room and probably will never go back to an interior cabin. We were on the 12th floor mid ship. Cabin attendent was wonderful.

We brought our full size stroller. It did not fit in the closet, or under the bed, but we moved the bedside table and slid it between the bed and the closet. It was out of the way.

The nursery staff was wonderful. Any questions let me know.

Food -

Our child is not a picky eater. She ate what we ate and tried lots of new foods. She particularly enoyed the fish and mashed potatoes. the dining room staff were wonderful with her. She received lots of special attention.

the main dining room was good the first few days. then it went downhill ..... I'm not sure if it was because we ate at a couple of speciality restaurants and then returned to the main dining room, or the main dining room food just deteriorates as the week progresses.

Room service was awful. One night we ordered room service. we ordered chicken. It looked like it had been cooked earlier in the week, refridgerated and then refried.

Windjammer - only ate there once, it was ok.

park cafe - roast beef sandwiches are awesome. I ate way too many.

Giovannis table is a must we really enjoyed our dinner here.

150 central park - we went here to celebrate my birthday. The food is unusual but so good. The wine pairing, while nice, is not a must. The special martini was delicious.

Entertainment - we only saw oceanaria and the comedy show. Oceanaria was really good. Our daughter watched the entire thing and was enthralled. the comedy show was ok. The first comedian was really funny, the second one just rambled and was not funny. It was like he didn't really want to be there.

I can't think of anything else right now. Let me know if anyone has questions.

Thank you for your post! We are taking the Allure a week from tomorrow with our 13 month old!

A couple of questions. You said that you toddler isn't a picky eater, but was she able to eat in Park Cafe? Did they have some kid friendly items? I can never seem to find a menu online!

Did you do the nursery during the day or at night? The only reservations we could get for oceanaria are for very late, and I am not sure about him being in the nursery that late. Is it conducive for sleeping?

Did you bring a car seat? If so, could you fit it anywhere?

Thanks so much for any information you might have!

Hope this helps

A couple of questions. You said that you toddler isn't a picky eater, but was she able to eat in Park Cafe? Did they have some kid friendly items? I can never seem to find a menu online

Did you do the nursery during the day or at night? The only reservations we could get for oceanaria are for very late, and I am not sure about him being in the nursery that late. Is it conducive for sleeping? Did you bring a car seat? If so, could you fit it anywhere?

! Our daughter loved the bean salad and fruit cup. I also did a make your own salad with egg, turkey, tomato, and corn. She was happy.

We used the nursery either mornings or nights. When we were at sea, we'd drop her off in the morning and go relax in the solarium, then we'd pick her up and grab lunch, then take her back to the cabin for a nap. We'd either read in the cabin or nap ourselves. After naptime, we'd all go up to the baby splash pool, then get ready for dinner. On the days we used the nursery at night, we'd all have dinner together then we'd change her into her PJS and drop her off. The nursery has a play area and then a separate darkened sleep area with cribs. The rooms are separated with a half wall. So its like one room divided in two. It seemed they dimmed the lights at nighttime. She had no trouble sleeping.

we did not bring a car seat, but you could probably fit it in the closet.

Hope this helps

! Our daughter loved the bean salad and fruit cup. I also did a make your own salad with egg, turkey, tomato, and corn. She was happy.

We used the nursery either mornings or nights. When we were at sea, we'd drop her off in the morning and go relax in the solarium, then we'd pick her up and grab lunch, then take her back to the cabin for a nap. We'd either read in the cabin or nap ourselves. After naptime, we'd all go up to the baby splash pool, then get ready for dinner. On the days we used the nursery at night, we'd all have dinner together then we'd change her into her PJS and drop her off. The nursery has a play area and then a separate darkened sleep area with cribs. The rooms are separated with a half wall. So its like one room divided in two. It seemed they dimmed the lights at nighttime. She had no trouble sleeping.

we did not bring a car seat, but you could probably fit it in the closet.

Thank you! Fruit cup is a big favorite here, and while I never thought of the salad, he would probably like some of those things too!

It sounds like the nursery really worked for you guys! My son has never been to day care or the like, but he ignores me when there are other kids around, so hopefully he will do well there too.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a friend cruising Allure in March with a toddler in a balcony cabin and is concerned about the child getting the sliding glass door open. What are your thoughts/opinions on safety and having a toddler in a balcony room? She'd just like peace of mind that her son will be safe in their balcony cabin.

Archived