Airfare question

gingin410

Final payment for cruise next Aug is due in May. If I go ahead and have my Princess agent book airfare to Copenhagen now and then decide before final payment made in May that I will not be able to go in order to get my booking refunded, will the airfare also be refunded? I do have Princess travel insurance if this affects an answer.

You can have your TA add Princess air to your booking at any time before final payment. You won't pay for the air until final payment and if you change your mind or find independent flights cheaper, you can always call and cancel Princess air without penalty. Princess does not charge a change fee and no need to refund since you haven't paid for the air yet. I'm assuming that if you choose to pre-pay your Princess air and then cancel before final payment, you'd get a refund.

This changes after final payment. If you have Princess insurance, it does NOT include your airfare.

This changes after final payment. If you have Princess insurance, it does NOT include your airfare.

We recently had to cancel our 30 day trans-Atlantic on the Ruby just a couple of weeks before the cruise. We had Princess Air and Princess Platinum insurance. Obviously, we were well past final payment date.

Princess refunded just about 50% of the airfare and Berkley Insurance refunded the other 50%.

We recently (October 2011) had Princess E-Zair restricted and were told by our TA that it was covered by our Princess Insurance. I also called Princess and verifyed that with a rep on the phone) We did not have to use it as all went well and had a wonderful cruise and very good air service. Since it was a restricted air reservation we had to payat the time of selection and well before we paid final payment. Just sharing our personal experience.

We recently had to cancel our 30 day trans-Atlantic on the Ruby just a couple of weeks before the cruise. We had Princess Air and Princess Platinum insurance. Obviously, we were well past final payment date.

Princess refunded just about 50% of the airfare and Berkley Insurance refunded the other 50%.

Sorry you had to cancel. Princess must have changed their policy because it didn't used to cover air. They would "make every effort" to get you to the next port. Perhaps the difference is getting the "restricted" air.

Archived