Upgraded Latitude Levels?

cassie55

Other than people who always took short cruises, most people felt that the old program wasn't fair, now it is.

The only benefit you lose on the Sky, according to the new documents, is the cocktail party. You still get everything else.

We have to remember that there are a much higher percentage of loyal NCL people on these boards than there are on the ships. People who are line loyal are more likely to turn up here. Will there be an extra 20 or 30 people on your ship that are platinum now, probably. Will the ship be full of platinums, no.

Well that is one way to look at it and I hope you are right. BTW, I telephoned Latitudes and was told that there will be no Latitudes Benefits on the Sky. None. So the chart on the website really isn't accurate. I posted another thread to ask other cruisers about this because last time I was on the Sky as Gold we were treated extremely well and got lots of benefits so I am wondering if this new program has something to do with that. I live in Miami so I cruise the Caribbean often but never usually more than 7 days at a time.

Well, the 99-percenters have won. The Platinum perks have been re-distributed to the masses. You can all pick up your tents and go home now. Occupy NCL is over. ;)

Hahahahahaha Thats tooo funny :p ( still laughing)

To much bitterness on his thread. I was just short of platinum the old way ( Now Plat. ) and I dont feel cheated like some of the Old salts . But I too feel they should have added a new tier. If for no other reason than

good business. Having tiered out , some "loyal" NCL'ers may look to other lines just for a change.

Always rig the carny game until they win that 50 cent prize . that day should never come ;)

Apparently it is only for future bookings, I guess made after this new program officially takes effect. I just checked my status and although I received one point per night for all cruises we've taken, I did not get additional points for those that were booked more than 9 months ahead.

I did not either..and I also did not get extra points for upsells thru CAS:mad:

...and watch all of these "perks" be modified (or eliminated) as time goes on after they realize so many more people are eating for free in LeBistro (twice!!), and the Behind the Scenes tours are filled with freebies, and all of that free laundry.

Perhaps which doesn't really bother me one way or another. If NCL gives me anything, I say thank you and appreciate the offer, if they don't I'll sail with them anyway because NCL appears to be a good fit for us at the present time.

But if you re-read my post you will find that what I said was: this change was not about adding (since you can't really count those couple of little tidbits) or about taking away from perks. But more about how the tier levels were determined.

But I see you are in your usual form this morning, but I'm sure we would miss you if you decided to turn a new leaf now.

I heard cruises booked thru CAS specials do not count and not eligible for points

Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Untrue, all of my CAS bookings are listed in my history with the proper point totals.

I heard cruises booked thru CAS specials do not count and not eligible for points

Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

You heard wrong, both of my cruises were compliments of CAS and both counted as 7 days cruising. Not sure why the upsells wouldn't work the same way though.

I am curious as to why some people are reporting that they are getting "suite" points for mini suite bookings and suite upsells are not getting "suite" points?

Thats gotta be a glitch. Minis should Not be getting suite credits.

Stay tuned.

Stay tuned.

I agree, since this was not suppose to be official until next week and the web site is still listing the old perks under their latitudes link, that could very well change.

Cruise history, point level, and program explanation can all be found on the website this morning. :):):)

I'm almost to a milestone, but wasn't credited for 2 cruises where I was upsold to suites.

I got 26 points for my 13 night transatlantic in courtyard via upsell fairy

Only have had one upsell on the Pearl and it isn't credited.

I am curious as to why some people are reporting that they are getting "suite" points for mini suite bookings and suite upsells are not getting "suite" points?

I have a couple upsells that counted as suites, the rest did not, and both mini suites did not as expected. The odd think is I have 12 cruises as inside cabins and never booked an inside cabin.

But I see you are in your usual form this morning, but I'm sure we would miss you if you decided to turn a new leaf now.

What does a statement like this have to do with the discussion at hand. Stating an opinion about how something is implemented does not deserve derision by you or anyone else. If some of us longtime NCL Latitudes members feel slighted by how this new program was instituted and want to voice our disappointment, we have that right. We were not there ridiculing those that were wishing for a new program that rewarded their personal interests while those topics were so very hot not too long ago.

But the fact that in this move they did nothing to benefit their most loyal passengers is flabbergasting.

How is NCL not amply crediting their "most loyal" passengers? Your credits will likely place you far ahead of the "less loyal" and that much closer to a major milestone.

I've often wondered how # of cruises equates to being more "loyal" anyways. If one passenger takes 15 cruises all 7 days long, are they more "loyal" than another passenger who takes 7 cruises 15 days long? If passenger #1 only books special discounted cruises while passenger #2 books all full rate cruises. Who is more loyal now?

In my opinion, the new point system is the fairest approach, amply compensating all pax for days at sea and their most valued pax the "suite people" get an advantage being that much closer to a milestone. Those who skipped a beat and are now ranked higher than before are no doubt happy, but the elite should still be happy as can be if indeed the cruises under your belt outweighed everyone else based upon days at sea, special cabin categories, etc.

As happy as I am, as part of the 99% (yes, definitely post of the year!!) I agree that they need to add levels above Platinum.

Some people really like to have something to strive for. Perhaps at 150 points it's two free hours of internet, and a bottle of wine. At 250 a free night at Cagney's including wine, and a special pin. At 500 a dinner with the captain, etc.

I think something that simple would appease people. I also think that if you've cruised 40 cruises, they may give you those things anyway, as a thank you while on board, instead of something official.

Mine WERE listed but as inside and not suite upgrade

I was just going by what I heard. Why not call and find out. Maybe it will be corrected

I have emailed them this AM..will report back..

As happy as I am, as part of the 99% (yes, definitely post of the year!!) I agree that they need to add levels above Platinum.

Some people really like to have something to strive for. Perhaps at 150 points it's two free hours of internet, and a bottle of wine. At 250 a free night at Cagney's including wine, and a special pin. At 500 a dinner with the captain, etc.

I think something that simple would appease people. I also think that if you've cruised 40 cruises, they may give you those things anyway, as a thank you while on board, instead of something official.

But there will be "special gifts" at credit milestones 250,500,700,1000. What those gifts will be may not be in print, but I have complete faith they will be special!

Stay tuned.

I would think they shouldn't and won't be upset if mine are adjusted.

What does a statement like this have to do with the discussion at hand. Stating an opinion about how something is implemented does not deserve derision by you or anyone else. If some of us longtime NCL Latitudes members feel slighted by how this new program was instituted and want to voice our disappointment, we have that right. We were not there ridiculing those that were wishing for a new program that rewarded their personal interests while those topics were so very hot not too long ago.

I agree with you here. What I don't agree with is when I expressed a bit of empathy, you call me condescending. It turns your 'stating an opinion' into something entirely different.

Archived