Island Princess 3/20/05-4/4/05 Review

Desert Nurse

I am trying to get my pics up as well, but give me a few days....in the group photo saying Dobie's cabin wine tasitng, I am in the back, the tallest person, long white hair, with an Arizona shirt on, my husband Rog is on the far left with an Arizona shirt, and Christine (Cricket) is on the front to the right.

In the photo saying wine tasting TBetti's cabin, I am in the back with the long white hair, my husband Rog is behind me in the green shirt and Christine is in the front to the far right (a theme here, right???) I am off work on Tues so hope to be able to get all of my pics up by then, today I worked on it, but didn't get it all done!!

I am trying to get my pics up as well, but give me a few days....

Dobie and Cricket,

Thanks again for all your wonderful posts during your cruise. And I really enjoyed Cricket's pictures and look forward to seeing Dobie's.

We leave a week from Tuesday!! The count is finally in the single digits!! WOOHOO!!!!! :D :D :D

Jamie

Originally Posted by suziehmkr:

"Lampwick - How was the motion of the ocean that far aft? We are not as far aft as you, but we will be D716, which is still pretty far back."

On our first full sea day, DW was a little motion sick, but I was fine. The rest of the trip she was fine. Many passangers had a hard time with the first full sea day as well, I don't think cabin location had much to do with it.

Here is a link to my photos: http://www.shaenicke.net/Hawaii2005_all

suziehmkr, we had a cabin mid-ship on Caribe deck, and my mom was VERY sea sick that first day. I took her to the infirmary right away, and they gave her a shot and tablets for a week. The shot worked right away, although it made her sleepy for the rest of the day. We even went back after a week to get a "refill" on the tablets.

Thanks threecats... I plan to try the ginger thing this year, in the beginning of the cruise where it is rockiest. Taking Bonine with us just in case that doesn't work. I don't get sea sick, but DH does in smaller crafts. However, we have not sailed out across the Pacific where it is a bit rockier! ;)

Hello to all of you! I feel bad, I still haven't looked at our pictures, just been too busy at work. Ann, Cricket, we booked the cruise through the canal 2006! Cricket you really had Mary all wound up, I didn't think she would fly, but she said it was a year away, she could figure something out. Susan, your pictures are great, you did see alot of things. Dswayer, was thinking about you when you got home, heard there was flooding your way. Still need a picture of that pink kitchen!

It was such a great trip, great new friends, we miss Crooners and everyone!

When I unload my pictures, I will forward the good ones to everyone.

Tom & Mary:cool:

I'm still working on my pictures. As of last night it doesn't look good for us to be able to go on the May 3 Coral thru the Canal. Rog's last 2 weeks of bowling are the 3rd and the 10th, he's the treasurer, and doesn't think there is any way around it. I am really upset. We'll see what he says tonight....I already had my cabin picked out....

Its about time we heard from you. No flooding here thankfully. Our kitchen is still pink but it actually looked so good to us when we got home. "There's no place like home."

We didn't get the word about the May 3 trip but if you guys are going on The Coral you'll feel right at home - its exactly like the Island Princess. :cool: Its a beautiful ship and the trip through some of the locks is awesome.

Our kitchen is still pink but it actually looked so good to us when we got home. "There's no place like home."

Are you sure that kitchen isn't "peach?"

I booked the May 3 Coral today too. Traveling alone this time but I'm sure I'll be able to find a friend or two in Crooner's.

Wow, just looked at that cruise itinerary. That cruise can end either in San Francisco or in Vancouver. Any of you thinking to go to Vancouver?

Cricket, I keep thinking about you having to pay that "single" price. Hope you can pick up a roomie. If I wasn't having to live on retirement pay, next year, I would go along with you. :eek: That cruise is pricey!!!

We booked the Star for next year. One cruise a year is usually all I can drag Joe on. Sometimes I cruise with my mother or my sister when he won't go.

Ann and Al, let's get together sometime for dinner. Only the wonderful tunnel separates us. Virginia is for Cruise lovers.

Tom, can you believe Crooners on The Coral is even better than The Island? They have a waiter who sings and dances while he shakes. "Shake, shake, shake"

Dobie, so glad to find someone who can down some champagne with the best of us.

Mike Brill, we all made it through 15 days without getting out the tents.

Mike and Rhonda, Mike has made 3 more enemies - my 3 son-in-laws.

It was really great, everyone.

Wow, just looked at that cruise itinerary. That cruise can end either in San Francisco or in Vancouver. Any of you thinking to go to Vancouver?

I'm only taking the cruise as far as San Francisco. It's a short plane ride home from there and it saves me a few hundred dollars. Also, the seas are rough between San Francisco and Vancouver and there isn't much to see unless you plan on spending time in Vancouver after the cruise.

Archived