getting liquor onboard in carryon bag

horsesandcruises

forgive me for asking, but is it a problem getting a bottle of booze onboarad in your carry on bag that goes through security when you go onboard the ship for you initial sailing????? I know that 2 bottles of wine is ok, but i wondered if taking a bottle of some other liquor in your carry one bag is a problem. thanks for your input and please no input from the non drinkers or spirtual leaders in the world, or folks that think their negative input will mean much......

Yes, it will probably be a problem and will probably be taken from you. There have been reports of some cruisers who have managed to thwart the rule and take liquor aboard, but far more who have had their bottles taken and not returned. Those who have had liquor in their checked baggage have been unable to get their suitcases until they go to the so-called "naughty room" where they must open the suitcase and remove the item, be it liquor, or beer, or a hotplate or a clothes iron or whatever else is not allowed to be brought on board.

You never know. On our cruise a few weeks ago, they didn't confiscate anything, and we were able to bring liquor on at all ports. Ouzo, limoncello, wine, it all was okay!

Can you explain? I've only had experience with RCI, and there, after you went through security with the conveyer belt x-ray, someone was waiting (only inches away :D) check-in your bottles of booze. What is the procedure on X?

On a related note, when we bring our allotted 2 bottles of wine on-board at embarkation, should they be in our luggage or our carry-on tote? Thank you so much!

i said CARRY ON bags, not check bags......thanks

Makes no difference. No distilled spirits are allowed to be brought onto the ship. Please read Celebrity's questions and answers about items not allowed. You can find it on their website.

Yes, and as I said, it will probably be taken from you.

There have been some reports of cruisers bringing liquor in their carry-on with no trouble, but many more who tell that their liquor was taken from them.

Furthermore, should you decide to put it in your suitcase instead of your carry-on, it is liable to be taken from you in that case as well.

Sorry if my answer seemed unclear to you.

.....is this simple enough ???

""They take it away"" !!!

...and should you consider trying to put liquor into a wine bottle in your carry-on, may I add that they very carefully look at the seals, or a break in a screw top on wine, plastic mouthwash bottles, or other plastic containers designed to "fool them". They have seen it all. I have only taken wine onboard, and it was carefully inspected. Others in line had their bottles taken.

The original question has been answered.

This thread is closed because there have been too many acerbic posts that had to be removed as being in contravention of our Community Guidelines.

Archived