Where at Warwick Long bay is the playground?

Pandot

Still working on a plan for my hubby, myself and my toddler. Since we originally booked this cruise, my son has been diagnosed with some developmental issues and travelling is a little bit of a challenge.

We are trying to stick to toddler friendly activities with lots of access to water and playgrounds...

We were originially planning on doing Jobsen's cove.... what end of Warwick Long Bay is the playground? The Jobsen's cove side or the other side? How long a walk is it along Warwick Long Bay?

Thanks for the info.

Andrea

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Sorry, never once saw the playground at Warwick as we went to Jobson's, so it's probably to the left. With a toddler, I would choose Shelly Bay. The ocean along the south shore can get a bit choppy. Shelly has a wonderful playground area, changing area and food available. This is where we used to go when our son was small. http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_00000e.htm,

Excuse my geographly challenged brain... haven't been there yet, so having a hard time picturing everything:

Playground is located on the Jobsen's cove side of Warwick long bay... even further west than Jobsen's cove? Would this be on the way from the road or do I head to Jobsen's cove then head further west along a path past Jobsen's cove to the playground?

Sorry about this... trying to get it set in my brain so I am less likely to be stuck wandering aimlessly with a cranky toddler.

Thanks a million.

Andrea

Thanks.

We are looking at Shelly Bay (the same day we do the aquarium). We also would like to see the South Shore though... even if only from a bus. So Jobsen's Cove will be another day :)

This satellite photo may help:

WLBBplayground.jpg

Jobson Cove is at the bottom left corner of the photo. If you walk northeast from JC (water on your right hand) along Warwick Beach for about .3 mile, you will see the path which will be on your left which will lead you to the playground in the top right corner of the photo.

Playground is located on the Jobsen's cove side of Warwick long bay,,,I would say more in the middle of WB... even further west than Jobsen's cove?...NO... Would this be on the way from the road or do I head to Jobsen's cove then head further west along a path past Jobsen's cove to the playground?.. .NO, unless you have a reason to go to JC, I would ride the bus/taxi to the parking area just off S(outh) Rd and just southwest of the playground and visible in the photo.

SBtS

To add to Sailbad's directions the playground is actually at the road level, not down on or next to the beach, at the eastern end. Across the street from the main entrance to WLB is a lunch wagon, less than a quarter mile from the playground. Boxer's Shelly Bat suggestion is a good one as it is nearly always flat calm there but it is much further away from Dockyard than WLB, on the bus it'll be about an hour and a half away.

Archived