Need help with Cabin selection, STAR cat G( obstructed view) vs. Inside

Tak

I booked cat G, thinking that it has picture( obstruted) windows, and a sitting area with sofa. But from a cabin photo posted on a website, it has the same bed configuration as an inside, with 2 small portholes not giving much opportunity of a bit of view. It even looks the same size as an inside on the deck plan. I originally thought it's like an outside except the obstructed view, now it seems like an inside with some source of outside light.

Appreciate comments. Thanks.

All I know is that deck 8 is the lifeboat deck and those ones with the obstructed view are right there behind the lifeboat area. I know I was offered an upgrade from my II to a G, but I didn't want to take it and got a bit of a discount on the II instead (because I'm a Latitudes member). We got an awesome II cabin as far as I'm concerned and didn't think a small window was enough to move for.

Aloha,

Emi

NCL Star-08/31/03 in Hawaii!

NCL Star-11/13/04 to Mexico!

Alaska summer 2005!

I just saw this on Expedia...the rooms on G are bigger according to this.

G: 159 sq ft, picture window, two lower beds that convert to a queen-size bed, bathroom with shower, refrigerator, and safe. All cabins have fully obstructed views.

II: 142 sq ft, two lower beds that convert to a queen-size bed, bathroom with shower, refrigerator, and safe.

Emi

Alaska summer 2005!

Thanks, Emi.

By the way, I look forward to visiting Kailua-Kona again. I was on American Hawaiian Cruise back in 1992.

Gardencat, I found that sometimes people at head office don't always have the correct info when it comes to these cabin details. Better to hear from passengers who had actually seen it firsthand.

Cat: I booked directly with NCL and asked them about it at the time I booked it and he offered me the upgrade. BTW in the last year that I've been checking - the II is often offered an upgrade to G - maybe Gs are hard to sell.

If I remember that pretty unpleasant though luckily pretty short muster, there was a large deck area there on 8 were the lifeboats are and since that is where the rooms are, you would really have a window facing the deck and the boats. I don't know, but I think I remember some people talking about the boats creaking too. I don't think the boats were completely covering up the view though, so you should be able to see what is out there.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/26768916/26777001vHSTcxbljS

I found a picture!

Tak: Hurry back! K-K misses you! icon_smile.gif

Emi

Alaska summer 2005!

I was on the Stars sister ship the Dawn this past Nov. and I was in a G cat.(8128) They have picture windows, a sitting area, but no sofa. There was no creaking at all in the cabin. The view is really not bad at all. The lifeboats are toward the bottom of the window. And heres a little secret I found out from this board, if you book one of the first 3 forward cabins, theres no obstruction at all because those lifeboats are the small pilot boats. You will enjoy this cabin, we did!

Emi, the photo you mentioned was what prompted me to post my question. I was in G cabin on DREAM, and it had a picture window , and a sofa by it. I could see through the windows of the lifeboat because they were level with the cabin window. I am going to try TVLady's suggestion about the three forward cabins. Thanks.

Tak, You wont be sorry, youll have your choice of 6 cabins if available. The location is great, one deck below is the promenade deck, there close to the elevators an stairs. Enjoy your cruise!....Carol

Archived