Sanctuary pool area and dress clothes

Bustersmom

First, is the pool closest to the sanctuary a regular "pool" or a swim against the current pool, it is labeled spa pool I believe, is there another close by pool or is that the only one? (Sorry not so good with deck plans?

And would DH be ok not taking a sport jacket for Crown Grill, Sabatini's. I would never dream of going to MDR on a formal night without. He thinks we might be turned away from a specialty restaurant with say nice dockers and a nice sports shirt. As for the women in the group, nice neat capris and tops I would think would be ok?

THanks!

First, is the pool closest to the sanctuary a regular "pool" or a swim against the current pool, it is labeled spa pool I believe, is there another close by pool or is that the only one? (Sorry not so good with deck plans?

And would DH be ok not taking a sport jacket for Crown Grill, Sabatini's. I would never dream of going to MDR on a formal night without. He thinks we might be turned away from a specialty restaurant with say nice dockers and a nice sports shirt. As for the women in the group, nice neat capris and tops I would think would be ok?

THanks!

Depending on the ship you are on it is a "Spa Pool".

You and your husband will be fine in the dress you described for non-formal nights in either the MDR or the specialty restaurants. For formal nights he would need a jacket. Hope you have a wonderful time.

There is a machine that can be turned on to create a current, but this only takes up a small portion of the pool (a center lane for less than half the pool). There is plenty of room around the edges to lounge.

Smart casual dress code is fine in the Crown Grill.

You and your husband will be fine in the dress you described for non-formal nights in either the MDR or the specialty restaurants. For formal nights he would need a jacket. Hope you have a wonderful time.

Dress code for the specialty restaurants is supposed to be smart casual all evenings, so no jacket should be required there on formal nights.

So is that swim against the current pool still free to use on all Princess Grand class ships or has it become part of the pay to use Sanctuary?

I ask this because on P&O's Azura (a clone of Crown Princess) this pool is part of their Retreat and is rather expensive to get in to use.

Correct. The Lotus Spa Pool is an adults-only pool, but it is not considered to be part of the Sanctuary, and can be used by any adults. I have heard that this may be different on the Coral and Island Princess, but I'm not familiar with those two ships.

And yes, the Terrace Pool at the back of the ship is designated as an adults-only pool, although I've seen reports that enforcement can be hit-or-miss on that.

Archived