MDR Table for 2

mitchden

On a recent Millenium cruise, when I booked the cruise, I requested a table for 2 but was assigned to a table for 8. When I spoke to the Maitre d, he apologized and told me that they couldn't accomodate everyone who requested tables for 2. He suggested that I change to Select Dining. I did that and had a table for 2, however, I was seated at several different stations during the crusie, and as a result, the waiter(s) never got to know us and what we like (i.e. tea with dessert).

Does anyone know how Celebrity assigns tables? Also, any suggestions on what I can do to insure I get a table for 2 on my next Celebrity cruises - Silhouette in March 2012?

AFAIK there is no way to insure that you always have a table for 2 in the MDR. All you can do, as you did, is request it. If you go to Select Dining, I understand that you can discuss the request to always have the same table, same server, every night and you should have a pretty good chance of that being accomplished. However, Select Dining is sometimes "sold out" so on your next cruise, request it as soon as you book and hope that you get it.

Archived