Tipping NCL kids club...cash or charge?

descovy

We are 1st time cruisers headed out next week!

Trying to determine how much cash to have on hand... not big shoppers, just some souvineer money for the kids, and tip money.

From what I understand, the $12/day service fee (tip pool) does not cover the kids club, and we have to tip that seperately.

Is this something we can charge on our SS account?

Otherwise how much cash is customary?

We have 3 kids age 7, 9, 11. It's hard to say if they'll use it a lot or a little. Does the customary tip slide on how often they use the kids club?

Also do we tip "per child" or one lump sum for the 3 combined (might be split into different age groups)

Cash-wise, am I forgetting anything else I'll need cash for?

cb at sea is right, there is no customary tip for kids club staff. I do vary my tip depending on how much time the kids spend at the kids club. DS1 was there a total of 6 hrs, DS2 1 hr and I gave them a $20 tip if I remember right.

I do think you split it up by age group but not 100% sure since this will be the first time my boys are apart.

I disagree with cb and think they should be tipped. Regardless of their pay I think if they spend the extra time and attention with your kids then they deserve a tip.

In any event - I tipped the NCL club in cash. But you can get vouchers from guest services and put in an envelope if you wish. I tipped $50 for the week for 2 kids.

I disagree with cb and think they should be tipped. Regardless of their pay I think if they spend the extra time and attention with your kids then they deserve a tip.

In any event - I tipped the NCL club in cash. But you can get vouchers from guest services and put in an envelope if you wish. I tipped $50 for the week for 2 kids.

YES! I totally agree 100%

So does the $50 get divided towards the group? My girls are in different age groups so they would have different couselors.

• 10 months later...

Who do we give the tip to? My son is 7. I am assuming there will be more than one staff person working with the kids in each age group. Does one person get assigned to a certain group of kids? Who do we hand the tip too?

Who do we give the tip to? My son is 7. I am assuming there will be more than one staff person working with the kids in each age group. Does one person get assigned to a certain group of kids? Who do we hand the tip too?

I gave an envelope to each age group, as my boys were in two different groups. I was told that unless you put a person's name on it, they split it up amongst all the staff.

Archived