Adventure Ocean Age Limits - Are they strict?

SamboniMan

We will be cruising in July on the Oasis with 5 kids/cousins: 9, 8, 7, 7, 5. The 8 year old will be one month from turning 9. The 9 and 8 year olds are in the same grade and 6 months apart in age.

How likely is it that they would 1) let the 8 year old in with the 9-11 year olds, or 2) let the 9 year old in with the 6-8 year olds?

Any chance the 5 year old would be able to be in with the 6-8 year olds?

Thanks for any information you can share!

We cruised Oasis last year with our three children. They let our five year old into the older age group, but they said that we needed to decide which group he would stay in for the duration of the cruise. He wouldn’t be allowed to switch back and forth.

Have fun!

The policy on the Explorer was that a child must participate in his/her age appropriate level for 1 day. After that 1 day and at the AO director's discretion, they would move a child up one level if a parent requests it. You cannot move down. (Which I assume is for the safety of the children in the lower level.)

I don't know how strict they are with this policy and if you really have to do the one day in your true age level. I also imagine their flexibility has to do with numbers: how many children are in each age bracket and is there room for extras.

We cruised Oasis last year with our three children. They let our five year old into the older age group, but they said that we needed to decide which group he would stay in for the duration of the cruise. He wouldn’t be allowed to switch back and forth.

Have fun!

Thank you! If we could get the 5 year old to go up and the 9 year old to go down, they could all be together. :)

The policy on the Explorer was that a child must participate in his/her age appropriate level for 1 day. After that 1 day and at the AO director's discretion, they would move a child up one level if a parent requests it. You cannot move down. (Which I assume is for the safety of the children in the lower level.)

I don't know how strict they are with this policy and if you really have to do the one day in your true age level. I also imagine their flexibility has to do with numbers: how many children are in each age bracket and is there room for extras.

Thanks for the info! Maybe we can request the 5 year old to move up and the 8 year old to move up then no one is alone.

Just wanted to know our options!

We will be cruising in July on the Oasis with 5 kids/cousins: 9, 8, 7, 7, 5. The 8 year old will be one month from turning 9. The 9 and 8 year olds are in the same grade and 6 months apart in age.

How likely is it that they would 1) let the 8 year old in with the 9-11 year olds, or 2) let the 9 year old in with the 6-8 year olds?

Any chance the 5 year old would be able to be in with the 6-8 year olds?

Thanks for any information you can share!

My information was exactly what Mom.to.2 had to say. Except, the folks on the Mariner would allow an older sibling move down. I think it was a 9 year old moving down to the 6 to 8 group.

My children have always been in the same group until this year. My wife was worried, I guess just being a mom! I shrugged it off because they aren't in school together, so why should this matter?

Once the door closed and the activities started, they both forgot they had a sibling. For that matter, they both forgot they had to go back to their own staterooms. They had a blast even being away from each other.

They are reasonably flexible. We had 2-12's an 11 an 9& 7. The 12's could have gone to the teen group and they would have let the 11 go with them, but thankfully (since mine was the 11) the 12's chose and were allowed to bump down. The 7&9 were also allowed to be together. Although they all made so many friends and had such a good time I'm not sure at the end of the day it would have mattered.

We went to pick them up one night and they literally scattered to avoid pick up lol. We came back at 11PM only to be rejected again. We finally laid down the law at 1:30. Hey. It's vacation :D

Archived