New to Norwegian -Questions Regarding Wind

caroliemarie

Hi,

I have cruised before but not on Norwegian. We are planning a cruise for my college graduation but are starting to become a bit concerned about our choosen itinerary. I cannot find anywhere where it says the itinerary for the Wind in May/June 2006. Is it not sailing any longer or do they not have the dates up yet? When will they have the dates up?

Also, provided the Wind is still sailing when we want to go, are there any "capers" on the internet to give us an idea of the daily activities? How many formal nights on the 11 night Hawaii cruise? Can the divider between 2 balcony cabins be removed? Anyone with experience on the Wind? Need info please.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

I don't have any experience on the Wind, yet. Our trip in June 22-July 2. Based upon my reading of these boards and other internet boards, I haven't found any of the daily papers showing activities for the 10 or 11 night cruises. I have read in reviews that there are lots of activities, but I haven't seen the papers. If I find them, I'll let you know.

As to the dates, I don't think NCL has the schedule for any of their cruises out yet--I could be wrong, but none of the cruises I am pricing comes out that far. As to the balconies, I don't know about the partitions, but I do know you have to book them fast as there aren't very many on the ship. We missed out on booking them with the early discount, now I don't want to switch and pay the extra cost.

I saw that the Wind would be doing a repositioning cruise to Vancouver in May '06. After that she disappears off the radar. Not sure if that's and indication that she's leaving the fleet at that time or if the schedules just aren't out yet. Either way, I am surprised to see her going to Vancouver.

-Monte

The Wind will not be in Hawaii in May/June of 2006. The last sailing NCL has rates for right now is 4/29/06, which is a 5-nt Repo from San Fran to Vancouver. Maybe the ship will go to drydock, maybe take over one of the Alaska itineraries, but definitely won't be in Hawaii

Remember... Pride of Hawaii is due for delivery in summer of 2006. Maybe they'll have the POA doing it's orignal scheduled itinerary of 3/4 days & PAM & POH doing the 7 days. Since they are all US flagged, I don't think any of them will do a 10/11 day since no foreign port is required.

I checked further: The Wind will do a 3 night cruise from Vancouver to San Francisco on Apr 12. Next next sailing scheduled is from San Francisco back to Vancouver on the 29th. Nothing in between.

I don't know how much they could get done in dry dock from the 15th thru the 28th, but I'm guessing that's what might be scheduled. I would expect that the Sun, Star and Jewel would sail Alaska that summer and possibly either the Dream or Wind if they're both still in the fleet. The Wind would be my pick, since it'll already be in Vancouver and has sailed Alaska previously (which really had no bearing at all).

But what the heck do I know.

-Monte

I checked further: The Wind will do a 3 night cruise from Vancouver to San Francisco on Apr 12. Next next sailing scheduled is from San Francisco back to Vancouver on the 29th. Nothing in between.

I don't know how much they could get done in dry dock from the 15th thru the 28th, but I'm guessing that's what might be scheduled. I would expect that the Sun, Star and Jewel would sail Alaska that summer and possibly either the Dream or Wind if they're both still in the fleet. The Wind would be my pick, since it'll already be in Vancouver and has sailed Alaska previously (which really had no bearing at all).

But what the heck do I know.

-Monte

Ah ha, I see that now. Didn't realize it before. I guess the Wind will be in drydock from 4/15-4/28. I think the Wind will probably take over the 10/11 day Alaska itinerary, I believe the Dream will be going back to Europe next summer.

I believe the Dream will be going back to Europe next summer.

That's what I was thinking too. But I can't decide if something will come back to Houston after that and if so, which ship?

With the ships NCL has on order for the next couple years and the ships leaving the fleet, it's going to be an interesting 2/3 years.

-Monte

Archived