Best Big Pool in Costa Maya?

F5Loar

We just got back from Costa Maya a week ago. The pool at the cruise port is very nice. When we docked about 9 am there were plenty of chaise lounges and it was not crowded. Later in the day after we toured around (rented golf cart and drove it to Mahahual for a few hours), it was crowded and there were no seats available. I think it would have been fun to camp out there for the day. The pool has a swim up bar (late in the day they were dancing on bar), and there are shops all around, and live music throughout the day. If I could do it again I would grab a seat early and have fun by the pool. I was not impressed with Mahahual. My husband did get a great back massage for $20!

Two different pools being talked about here. The large pool at the pier is free, it is freshwater and surrounded by the pier stores, bar and performance area, no floats available that I could see, had a fountain, looked like a shallow end for kids. (There is also a smaller very shallow saltwater pool close to the shore it looked like it was fed by tidewater).

The pool at Maya Palms resort is 20 kilometers north, takes a cab ride ($$) and costs $20 a day p/person for use of the pool and beach.

Su

The pool at Maya Palms resort is 20 kilometers north, takes a cab ride ($$) and costs $20 a day p/person for use of the pool and beach.

OOPs, I was thinking of another place, Maya Palms is south, don't know how far.

Su

Archived